The Khronos Group announces new 3D Commerce Working Group and key updates to flagship standards WebGL, glTF, and Vulkan. In the spirit of continued commitment to the SIGGRAPH community of interactive graphics professionals, Khronos delivers a number of developments and initiatives, including:
- 3D Commerce Initiative Becomes Khronos Working Group; Call for Participation Announced
- WebGL Releases High-Impact Extensions and Ecosystem Developments
- glTF Universal Texture Extension Drafting Underway Using Binomial’s Basis Universal Texture Technology; First Prototype Support Appears in Engines
- glTF Tools Ecosystem Expands, Including Universal Texture Tools and glTF Import/Export in Blender 2.80
- New Vulkan Extensions Ship; Vulkan Sees Increased Usage by CAD and Professional Authoring Tools
Read the Press Release to learn more.