This event is now over
We've collected some of the more interesting items from this event for you:
Vulkanised! Experience from game devs pioneering with Vulkan
Date: May 25, 2017
Location: Cambridge, UK
Venue: ARM3 Building
Event will be live streamed if you cannot make it.
Come hear game developers share their first-hand experience of pioneering development with Vulkan.
In this full-day of technical sessions we aim to provide 3D developers a wealth of best practice (and worst practice!) to help you learn how to get the most out of Vulkan in your engine, application or title.
We're delighted that ARM are hosting us for the day, and also inviting us to join them for a drink after at the Cambridge Beer Festival!
Vulkan is an open standard graphics and compute API that provides high-efficiency, cross-platform access to modern GPUs (see Khronos.org/Vulkan)
The sessions are aimed at 3D graphics developers who have hands-on experience of programming with APIs such as OpenGL, OpenGL ES, Direct3D or Metal.
- 09:00 – Registration, coffee, demos
- 10:00 – Welcome and introduction – Tom Olson, ARM
- 10:15 – Driving Change: Vulkanising Mad Max – Alex Smith & Marc Di Luzio, Feral Interactive
- 11:00 – Vulkan Multipass case study – Hans-Kristian Arntzen & Marius Bjørge, ARM
- 11:45 – How to keep your GPU fed without being bitten – Tobias Hector, Imagination Technologies
- 12:30 – Lunch break
- 13:30 – Getting Serious with Vulkan – Dean Sekulić, Croteam
- 14:30 – Bringing Vainglory to Vulkan – Fred Garnier, Samsung Electronics
- 15:00 – Rendering Galaxy on Fire 3: Manticore with Vulkan on Mobile Devices – Johannes Kuhlmann, Deep Silver FISHLABS
- 15:45 – Panel discussion: Worst practices! Lessons learnt from game devs pioneering with Vulkan
- 16:30 – Buses leave to go to the Cambridge Beer Festival for more discussion, networking, a Vulkan pub quiz (and beer!)
Download the ARM Directions Map (pdf)
Buses supplied by ARM will be available to take attendees from Cambridge train station to the ARM building. Full details will be sent to all those signed up nearer the time (so please supply an email address!)
NOTE: Meetup RSVP may not guarantee attendance!
Space is limited at the event, so we will be emailing all attendees RSVPed nearer the event to confirm their attendance, and determine bus space and parking availability. Please look out for the confirmation email in mid-May. Be sure to supply your email address to receive this.
Conference Code of Conduct: The Khronos Group is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone. Visit our Code of Conduct page to learn more.