This event is now over
We've collected some of the more interesting items from this event for you:
Tech Soup OpenGL 3 Training
Date: March 30 - April 2, 2010
Location: Los Angeles
- DAY 1
Introduction to OpenGL3 & Viewing
- What OpenGL 3 does and why to learn it.
- How to view in 3D and setting up a virtual camera.
Modeling & Texturing
- What you can create in OpenGL 3; how to generate geometry.
- Art school color fundamentals, creating texture coordinates, and making normals for lighting.
- Introduction to OpenGL3 & Viewing
- DAY 2
The OpenGL Shading Language
- What GLSL does and why to learn it.
- Supplanting traditional OpenGL with GLSL.
- How to write GLSL programs; vertex and pixel shaders.
- Geometry shaders and more!
- Disney-style animation fundamentals turned into code.
- Offloading animation onto the graphics card.
- The OpenGL Shading Language
- DAY 3
- Hollywood lighting fundamentals.
- Lighting models.
Rendering and Image Processing
- Material fundamentals and using GLSL shading.
- OpenGL's hardware buffers and how to use them.
- Image processing in hardware.
- DAY 4
- Using input devices.
- Methods for manipulating objects.
- How to do selection.
Tips and Tricks
- Math on graphics hardware.
- Special effects.
- Questions from the audience, answered in code.
- Interaction Techniques