This event is now over
We've collected some of the more interesting items from this event for you:
Date: October 27th - 31st, 2008
Location: Sunnyvale California
This course is an advanced course on OpenGL where students learn advanced OpenGL concepts including high performance rendering techniques, advanced shading and 3D graphics architectures using a mix of class-room and hand-on programming sessions.
- Review of Fixed function OpenGL Pipeline
- Efficient Geometry Rendering - Display lists, Triangle Strips, Vertex Arrays
- Advanced Texture Mapping - Multi-texturing, Compression
- Programmable Graphics Hardware
- OpenGL Extension Mechanism
- Efficient Data structures (VAOs, VBOs)
- Introduction to OpenGL Shading Language
- Multi-pass rendering and Frame buffer objects
- Debugging OpenGL programs
- Multi-GPU Application Development
This course is intended for software professionals and students who already have experience with OpenGL programming and want to learn advanced concepts mentioned above.
Understanding of basic 3D graphics concepts and experience with OpenGL and C/C++ programming is a must and will be assumed. Familiarity with UNIX or Windows operating systems and development environments is necessary.