This event is now over
We've collected some of the more interesting items from this event for you:
Date: November 19-20 2009
Location: Cupertino, CA
You’ll learn everything you need to get started creating high-performance, 2D and 3D OpenGL applications on the iPhone from gaming industry veteran and legendary iPhone indie game developer Noel Llopis.
Noel will teach you how to create 2D and 3D OpenGL applications in this two day class designed for Cocoa-Touch/UIKit iPhone programmers. Topics include:
Hardware and performance
- 2D rendering: OpenGL setup, animation, blending modes
- 3D basics: cameras, vertex attributes, transforms
- Beyond the basics: lighting, vertex buffers, textures and depth buffer
- Advanced topics: multitexturing, point sprites, picking, render targets, iPhone 3GS
- The class emphasizes practical knowledge and working code. You’ll write OpenGL apps showing 2D and 3D object rendering, animation, lighting, multitexturing, and point sprites.
By the end of day one, you’ll have covered 2D OpenGL, texturing, the game loop, touch handling and blending modes. At the end of day two, you’ll have a bevy of 3D experience under your belt, including cameras, transforms, vertex attributes, models, depth buffer, lighting, multitexturing, fog, and point sprites. You’ll complete the class with a solid basis in OpenGL that will allow you to learn more advanced topics on your own from the documentation and browsing the API.
If you’re already comfortable with Objective-C and Xcode you’ll have most of what you need for this class. When you register, we’ll provide you with a few light resources to get you ready for the class.
About The Instructor
Noel Llopis is a master OpenGL programmer with a demonstrated ability to clearly communicate complex, graphics programming topics.