The Khronos Group would like to introduce the latest Khronos Portland Chapter to the family. Joshua Young has been running the Portland meet up group for quite awhile now and currently has over 1600 members! If you are in the Portland area and have an interest in OpenXR and Virtual Reality, please take a moment to join the group. Learn more about starting your own Chapter.
The Khronos Milano Chapter is excited to collaborate with Microsoft Italia inaugurating the first event in Milan, Italy on June 6, showing the new 3D frontiers for Virtual Reality enthusiasts, advocates, creators, users and consumers. Bringing together a fantastic lineup of speakers coming from all over Europe, at the 3D & Mixed Reality Day attendees will have a unique insight into new technology advancements and business possibilities opening up in the Virtual, Augmented and Mixed Reality industries.
As mentioned on Phoronix, Google just announced GSoC 2017 Projects. Included in the list are several Khronos related projects:
• Software Renderer for Vulkan (Vulkan, SPIR-V)
• 3D Hardware Acceleration in Haiku (OpenGL)
• Cross Platform GUI for CCExtractor (OpenGL
• libosmscout: Implementation of an opengl renderer (OpenGL)
• OpenGL-accelerated Renderer for Cytoscape 3 (OpenGL)
• Improvement to WebGL core for p5.js (WebGL)
• WebGL improvements for p5.js (WebGL)
• Creating the fastest math libraries for Ruby by using the GPU through OpenCL and ArrayFire. (OpenCL)
• GPU Boolean Evaluation for CSG Ray-Tracing (OpenCL)
• HPXCL – Asynchronous Integration of CUDA and OpenCL to HPX (OpenCL)
• libxcam Enable a debluring feature with OpenCL Design (OpenCL)
• Speeding up functional network analysis on fMRI data with distributed, in-memory computation using Apache Spark (OpenCL)
The GPU Technology Conference (GTC2017) will be running from May 8-11 this year in San Jose Convention Center. This year will see many sessions related to Khronos Technology including OpenCL, OpenGL, OpenVX, Vulkan and WebGL. NVIDIA has just added more sessions to their schedule. Check a list of Khronos related sessions on the Khronos site, or visit the NVIDIA GTC site to see all sessions.
The GPU Technology Conference (GTC2017) will be running from May 8-11 this year in San Jose Convention Center. This year will see many sessions related to Khronos Technology including OpenCL, OpenGL, OpenVX, Vulkan and WebGL. Check a list of Khronos technology only sessions on the Khronos site, or visit the NVIDIA GTC site to see all sessions.
The Khronos Milano Chapter is thrilled to renew the collaboration with Autodesk for the upcoming Design Week in Milan, Italy - April 4-9. The Milano Chapter will be presenting a series of talks on the "Future of Making Things." Showing how companies are adopting 3D open standards as WebGL and glTF to deliver new solutions for the world of interior design, architecture and manufacturing.