Valve has released SteamVR 1.18.5 update with improvements for OpenXR. This improvements include:
- Changed Touch controllers to use Facebook provided grip and aim offsets.
- Enable OpenXR Grip pose for WMR controllers (requires WMR SteamVR driver update).
- Fixed left thumbstick axis input for HP Reverb G2 controllers.
Phasmophobia has outlined plans for future updates with new content, an overhaul of the progression system, and OpenXR support. Swapping OpenVR to OpenXR will allow support for new headsets and controllers with easier integration.
Cesium released CesiumJS 1.83 and added support for KTX 2.0 and Basis Universal compressed textures, bringing transmission and runtime optimizations for global imagery. Cesium added support for glTF models with the KHR_texture_basisu extension and added support for 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit float KTX2 specular environment maps.
LunarG has released new Windows, Linux, and macOS SDKs for Vulkan header 1.2.182. These SDKs include support for many new extensions as well as updates to devsim.
New extensions include:
Note that extensions are optional and may not be implemented by the underlying driver/ICD. Applications can now query for the presence of these new features:
- VK_HUAWEI_subpass_shading (broken, disabled from the Loader and Validation Layers)
- VK_NV_ray_tracing_motion_blur (The SPIR-V capability RayTracingMotionBlurNV has been disabled from the validation layers until this capability is defined in SPIR-V)
Saarland University is a public research university located in Saarbrücken, the capital of the German state of Saarland. It was founded in 1948 in Homburg in co-operation with France and is organized in six faculties that cover all major fields of science. Saarland University is known for research in Computer Science, nano technology, medicine, European relations, politics and law. In 2007, the university was recognized as an excellence center for computer science in Germany.