The plugin download version 2.07 for Max7.1 is version 2.06!
Also the date in the filename is wrong also for the MAX8 version.
Ok, I was wrong. Just the readme file state the wrong version.
But I've still gut a problem:
I've exported a plane with normals, 1 texture with uv channel and vertexcolors.
I got this in the .dae file:
<triangles material="My_Material" count="2">
<input semantic="VERTEX" source="#Plane01-obj-vertex" offset="0"></input>
<input semantic="NORMAL" source="#Plane01-obj-normal" offset="1"></input>
<input semantic="COLOR" source="#Plane01-obj-mapchan-0" offset="2" set="0"></input>
<input semantic="TEXCOORD" source="#Plane01-obj-mapchan-0" offset="3" set="0"></input>
<input semantic="TEXCOORD" source="#Plane01-obj-mapchan-1" offset="4" set="1"></input>
2 0 0 0 6 0 1 1 1 4 3 2 2 2 7 1 3 3 3 5 3 2 4 4 7 0 1 5 5 4 </p>
so one texture channel is wrong, seems to point to the vertex color channel.
When I reimport the file, the 2nd uv channel has mapping on it.
Originally Posted by Chris Young
This is a known issue with the current public version of the 3dsMax COLLADA tools. It has been fixed in the upcoming version, which should be released soon.
As I was going through and testing the <extra> capabilities of the Max Collada tools I encountered a few problems. I'm using Max 7.1 with the Collada plugins available here.
- New scene.
- Add a cone to the scene.
- Export to Collada using the default options ("triangles" should not be checked).
- Reset scene.
- Import the Collada file you just exported.
- Notice that the normals on the cone are all messed up.
- Try to render the scene. Kaboom.
Note that if you check "triangles" under geometry, everything works fine.
(2) If you add some text to the "user defined" properties area of a node, that text will be exported to the Collada file as <extra> data. Sweet. But if I import that Collada model back into Max, the text isn't imported. Any particular reason?
(1) This is a known issue with the N-sided polygon export option. The N-sided polygon export option should not be used if you want the correct normals or if you are exporting a skinned character.
(2) This is a new issue. I can definitely look at it for an upcoming release of the plug-in.
Max 8 SP1
Quick bug report:
After upgrading to Max8 SP1, none of my DAE files output any textures!
Is this a known bug?
Any quick fixes?
Don't want to reinstall Max 8 right now....