Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: max collada plugin feedback

Re: max collada plugin feedback

Quote Originally Posted by croft
    Quote Originally Posted by kevt
    1. File contains duplicate ids. The same <image>s , texcood arrays, materials are being output multiple times.

This one is a show-stopper for me. I will be interested in knowing when this is fixed.
    This one is already solved in version 2.0 that was released 22/09/2005.

My schema validator chokes on it because EFFECT is not one of the enumerated types. Is this something that is going into COLLADA 1.4?

The EFFECT problem is not as big an issue for me since it is easy to manually edit the file and remark it out.
    Thank you for reporting this.

Quote Originally Posted by BLef
    This one is already solved in version 2.0 that was released 22/09/2005.
    OK, thanks.

Here are the schema validation errors I am getting with 3dsmax Collada exporter v2.00.

1. "uncompleted content model. expecting: <source>"

This error goes away when I remark out the following:

"<library type="ANIMATION">
    <animation id="lunarModel2.max_animation">
    </animation>
    </library>"

It looks like the empty "animation" element is missing required "source", "sampler", and "channel" child elements.

2. "attribute "name" has a bad value: "Map #0" does not satisfy the "NCName" type"

This error goes away when I replace " #" with "_" so that all names like "Map #0" become like "Map_0".

3. "attribute "name" has a bad value: "_1 - Default" does not satisfy the "NCName" type"

This error goes away when I replace the spaces with underscores.

4. ""_1_-_Default2" is used as an ID value more than once"

I thought this might have been one of the bugs that was fixed in 2.00 of the exporter. This is where I stopped as this might be too difficult to manually edit.

I got these errors because my XML-to-object parser automatically does a schema validation. Please recommend schema validation tests to the exporter developers.
    David Wallace Croft
    www.CroftSoft.com

Hi,

I have found some Problems

1. It doesn't export baked materials. I did a test with a box and a render to texture to get a lightmap and it ignores the map generated on the exporter.

2. In multitexture.dae file of sample data

<polygons material="#Default" count="720">
    <input semantic="VERTEX" idx="0" source="#revolve-lib-Vertex"/>
    <input semantic="NORMAL" idx="1" source="#revolve-lib-Normal"/>
    <input semantic="TEXCOORD" idx="2" source="#revolve-lib-map1"/>
    <input semantic="TEXCOORD" idx="2" source="#revolve-lib-map1"/>

0 0 0 31 1 1 32 2 2 1 3 3</p>

Is correct the fourth input? I think that idx value is wrong and it should be idx=3.

Hi,

THanks for reporting your problems.

Regarding 1., can you provide us a example illustrating your problem?

Point 2. is a topic to bring to the COLLADA forum. But the fourth channel is perfectl valid. In this case, your second texture uses the same tex coords.

THanks,
    Jean-Luc (with the help of Guillaume).

Here are the schema validation errors I am getting with 3dsmax Collada exporter v2.00.
    It would help to know a little bit more about what validation tool are you using? and what test data are you using?
    I got these errors because my XML-to-object parser automatically does a schema validation. Please recommend schema validation tests to the exporter developers.
    The COLLADA Conformance Test Suite has a Xerces based validation tool and uses it to validate each exported file for the test cases that are part of the suite. The exporters for Max, Maya and XSI are all supposed to be tested by this test suite prior to release.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus
    It would help to know a little bit more about what validation tool are you using? and what test data are you using?
    I am using the Java Architecture for XML Binding (JAXB) with validation enabled. I am also confirming the errors by manually checking them using a plain text editor.

The test data was provided by one of our artists who exported it using the 2.00 exporter. The data is available upon request.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus
    The COLLADA Conformance Test Suite has a Xerces based validation tool and uses it to validate each exported file for the test cases that are part of the suite. The exporters for Max, Maya and XSI are all supposed to be tested by this test suite prior to release.
    Sounds like a good policy.
    David Wallace Croft
    www.CroftSoft.com

Self-Ilumination

I wrote a post two weeks ago.

I was looking for self ilumination's slot in ColladaExporter.cpp and I have not found it.

I would like to know when the collada exporter will support all the material slots of a 3DSMAX material- Currently ID_DI, ID_SP, ID_SS and ID_BU are only supported.

Thanks

Hi Toni,

I'm currently answering this request. Sorry if the original request was lost. I'm confident this change will make it to the next release. Here's the list of the token used for each texture slot:

ID_AM - "AMBIENT"
    ID_DI - "DIFFUSE"
    ID_SP - "SPECULAR"
    ID_SH - "SPECULAR-LEVEL"
    ID_SS - "SHININESS"
    ID_SI - "GLOW"
    ID_OP - "OPACITY"
    ID_FI - "FILTER"
    ID_BU - "BUMP"
    ID_RL - "REFLECTION"
    ID_RR - "REFRACTION"
    ID_DP - "DISPLACEMENT"

Sincerely,
    Guillaume Laforte
    Feeling Software Inc
    http://www.feelingsoftware.com
    Guillaume Laforte
    Feeling Software Inc

Support for DX9 Shader Material?

are there any plans to support the output of this material? It would be tremendously helpful.

Also, are there plans to support per-vertex animation?

Re: Support for DX9 Shader Material?

Quote Originally Posted by jpaquin
    are there any plans to support the output of this material? It would be tremendously helpful.

Also, are there plans to support per-vertex animation?
    By the DX9 shader Material, I'm assuming you're asking about ColladaFX. In the more recent exporters, if you click on the experiemental export option for ColladaFX, you should get quite a bit of exported information about ColladaFX. That's still experimental, so the exported information will change in the near future to conform with COLLADA 1.4, but for now, try it out. If there's some information that is missing and that you would like us to export, please contact us. Feedback on the COLLADA tools is always appreciated .

About per-vertex position animation, that feature is not lost, preparatory work is happening, right now, in order to be able to export that in the near future. It is definitely in the list of features that we will add.

Sincerely,
    Guillaume Laforte
    Feeling Software Inc.
    Guillaume Laforte
    Feeling Software Inc

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast