Got some simple stuff working on a single GPU (ATI 6990).
However, the real heavyweight models would benefit greatly from multi-GPU execution.
Checked out the ATI OpenCL Programming Guide (http://developer.amd.com/sdks/AMDAPPSDK ... _Guide.pdf)
Appendix G “OpenCL-OpenGL Interoperability”:
- G.1.1 describes Single GPU Environment, complete with example code.
- G.1.2 describes Multi GPU Environment, complete with example code.
- G.1.3 Limitations – “AMD currently supports CL-GL interoperability only in a single-GPU environment”!!!
So I guess my question is (are):
- Is there a workaround? (such as manually copying the VBO's to every device?)
- Is there a simple example? (including dividing the work)