Thread: Errors in Hell World Program

Errors in Hell World Program

HI All,

I very new to 3D programming and to Collada..

I compiled collada Dom and its third party libraries using Mingw..
    I am compiling the below example program using DEV-C++.

i am using pcre 7.7, zlib123 and GNU Make 3.81.. while compiling the below program i am recieving errors ..
    [Linker error] undefined reference to `inflateInit2_'
    [Linker error] undefined reference to `get_crc_table'
    [Linker error] undefined reference to `crc32'
    [Linker error] undefined reference to `inflate'

and many more.. i downloaded latest external libs specified in the page Building_third_party_libraries_for_the_COLLADA_DOM and compiled it...

i am able to solve some linker problems.. but still it is giving errors...

#include <iostream>
    #include <dae.h>
    #include <dom/domCOLLADA.h>
    using namespace std;

int main() {
    DAE dae;
    printf("heloo World");

return 0;
    }

Re: Errors in Hello World Program

i am adding compile log...

Compiler: Default compiler
    Building Makefile: "C:\Documents and Settings\Bhimu\Desktop\devcpp\Makefile.win"
    Executing make...
    make.exe -f "C:\Documents and Settings\Bhimu\Desktop\devcpp\Makefile.win" all
    g++.exe -c colladatest.cpp -o colladatest.o -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/include" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/backward" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/mingw32" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include" -I"D:/Innovation/zlib123" -I"D:/Innovation/zlib123/contrib/minizip" -I"D:/Innovation/pcre-7.7" -I"D:/Innovation/collada-dom/dom/include/1.4"

g++.exe colladatest.o -o "Colladatest.exe" -L"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib" -L"D:/Innovation/collada-dom/dom/build/mingw-1.4" ../../../../Dev-Cpp/lib/libcollada14dom.a D:/Innovation/collada-dom/dom/external-libs/boost/lib/mingw/libboost_filesystem.a D:/Innovation/collada-dom/dom/external-libs/boost/lib/mingw/libboost_system.a D:/Innovation/collada-dom/dom/external-libs/pcre/lib/mingw/libpcre.a D:/Innovation/collada-dom/dom/external-libs/libxml2/mingw/lib/libz.a D:/Innovation/collada-dom/dom/external-libs/tinyxml/lib/mingw/libtinyxml.a ../../../../Dev-Cpp/lib/libxml2.lib D:/Innovation/zlib123/projects/libminizip.a ../../../../Dev-Cpp/lib/libpcre.a D:/Innovation/collada-dom/dom/external-libs/pcre/lib/mingw/libpcre.a D:/Innovation/collada-dom/dom/external-libs/pcre/lib/mingw/libpcrecpp.a

D:/Innovation/zlib123/projects/libminizip.a(unzip.o)(.text+0x1a3:unzip.c: undefined reference to `inflateInit2_'
    D:/Innovation/zlib123/projects/libminizip.a(unzip.o)(.text+0x1abe):unzip.c: undefined reference to `get_crc_table'
    D:/Innovation/zlib123/projects/libminizip.a(unzip.o)(.text+0x1fcf):unzip.c: undefined reference to `crc32'
    D:/Innovation/zlib123/projects/libminizip.a(unzip.o)(.text+0x206d):unzip.c: undefined reference to `inflate'

D:/Innovation/zlib123/projects/libminizip.a(unzip.o)(.text+0x20b9):unzip.c: undefined reference to `crc32'
    D:/Innovation/zlib123/projects/libminizip.a(unzip.o)(.text+0x235b):unzip.c: undefined reference to `inflateEnd'
    D:/Innovation/collada-dom/dom/external-libs/pcre/lib/mingw/libpcrecpp.a(pcrecpp.o)(.text+0x2f)crecpp.cc: undefined reference to `pcre_config'
    D:/Innovation/collada-dom/dom/external-libs/pcre/lib/mingw/libpcrecpp.a(pcrecpp.o)(.text+0x14a)crecpp.cc: undefined reference to `pcre_exec'
    D:/Innovation/collada-dom/dom/external-libs/pcre/lib/mingw/libpcrecpp.a(pcrecpp.o)(.text+0x1bf)crecpp.cc: undefined reference to `pcre_fullinfo'
    D:/Innovation/collada-dom/dom/external-libs/pcre/lib/mingw/libpcrecpp.a(pcrecpp.o)(.text+0x1aef)crecpp.cc: undefined reference to `pcre_compile'
    D:/Innovation/collada-dom/dom/external-libs/pcre/lib/mingw/libpcrecpp.a(pcrecpp.o)(.text+0x1bf1)crecpp.cc: undefined reference to `pcre_compile'
    D:/Innovation/collada-dom/dom/external-libs/pcre/lib/mingw/libpcrecpp.a(pcrecpp.o)(.text+0x1e54)crecpp.cc: undefined reference to `pcre_free'
    D:/Innovation/collada-dom/dom/external-libs/pcre/lib/mingw/libpcrecpp.a(pcrecpp.o)(.text+0x1e67)crecpp.cc: undefined reference to `pcre_free'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make.exe: *** [Colladatest.exe] Error 1

Execution terminate

Thanks,
    Bhimesh

Re: Errors in Hell World Program

Those are linker errors. Since you are statically linking, I think you need to order your library dependencies so that references are resolved correctly.

For example libpcrecpp.a needs to come before libpcre.a.

Regards,
    Marcus

Re: Errors in Hell World Program

Thanks Marcus...

I am able to solve linker errors by reordering the library dependencies..

but find an error, again saying zlib1.dll missing.. i downloaded zlib123.dll's and now its working fine...

Thanks for your reply

This is the order of the library dependencies i am using.. may be usefull if someone is looking for..

../../../../Dev-Cpp/lib/libcollada14dom.a
    D:/Innovation/collada-dom/dom/external-libs/boost/lib/mingw/libboost_filesystem.a
    D:/Innovation/collada-dom/dom/external-libs/boost/lib/mingw/libboost_system.a
    D:/Innovation/collada-dom/dom/external-libs/pcre/lib/mingw/libpcre.a
    D:/Innovation/zlib123/projects/libminizip.a
    D:/Innovation/collada-dom/dom/external-libs/libxml2/mingw/lib/libz.a
    D:/Innovation/collada-dom/dom/external-libs/tinyxml/lib/mingw/libtinyxml.a
    ../../../../Dev-Cpp/lib/libxml2.lib
    D:/Innovation/collada-dom/dom/external-libs/pcre/lib/mingw/libpcrecpp.a
    D:/Innovation/collada-dom/dom/external-libs/pcre/lib/mingw/libpcre.a

Thanks,
    Bhimesh