Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: collada-dom-2.2 Boost Dependences

collada-dom-2.2 Boost Dependences

What i have:
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition
    collada-dom-2.2.zip

What i need:
    Use collada static lib in my project.

I read "DOM guide: Setting up" and did what they said.
    But i had problen when i try to use it(#include <dae.h> #include <dom/domCOLLADA.h>).

first:

>D:\JAre\MD\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Test\collada-dom\dom\include\dae.h(2 : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/filesystem/convenience.hpp': No such file or directory
    ok - i add "\dom\external-libs\boost" to Additional include directories but now it wants "boost/version.hpp"

I copied it from the "boost" site and add to "dom\external-libs\boost\boost"

And finaly it requests "libboost_filesystem-vc90-mt-1_37.lib"

Probably exactly I did something wrong. Help me, please

PS. In the "DOM guide: Setting up" we must build libcollada14dom22-s.lib (release) or libcollada14dom22-sd.lib (debug) but i had only libcollada15dom21-s.lib

My project settings:

Quote Originally Posted by Additional include directories
    "D:\JAre\MD\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Test\collada-dom\dom\external-libs\boost";"D:\JAre\MD\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Test\collada-dom\dom\include\1.5";"D:\JAre\MD\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Test\collada-dom\dom\include"
    Quote Originally Posted by Additional library directories
    "D:\JAre\MD\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Test\collada-dom\dom\external-libs\minizip\win32\lib";"D:\JAre\MD\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Test\collada-dom\dom\external-libs\pcre\lib\vc9";"D:\JAre\MD\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Test\collada-dom\dom\external-libs\libxml2\win32\lib";"D:\JAre\MD\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Test\collada-dom\dom\build\vc9-1.5"
    Quote Originally Posted by Additional Dependencies
    libcollada15dom21-s.lib libxml2_a.lib zlib.lib wsock32.lib pcre.lib pcrecpp.lib minizip.lib
    Maybe i need right "version.hpp" ?

Re: collada-dom-2.2 Boost Dependences

I renamed files in a folder "dom\external-libs\boost\lib\vc9" as linker wants and add it to the project dependencies. I am not sure that it is a correct way ->
    Error 3 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall daeZAEUncompressHandler::daeZAEUncompressHandler(c lass daeURI const &)" (??0daeZAEUncompressHandler@@QAE@ABVdaeURI@@@Z) libcollada15dom21-s.lib
    Error 2 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const & __thiscall daeZAEUncompressHandler:btainRootFilePath(void)" (?obtainRootFilePath@daeZAEUncompressHandler@@QAEA BV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocat or@D@2@@std@@XZ) libcollada15dom21-s.lib
    Error 1 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __thiscall daeZAEUncompressHandler::~daeZAEUncompressHandler( void)" (??1daeZAEUncompressHandler@@UAE@XZ) libcollada15dom21-s.lib

dll correctly work in my project, but it still needed to include boost (Manual has not this point) and i still can't understand how to link static lib.

is anyone alive here ?

houdhoud

To build your static COLLADA-DOM lib, you'll need to

1) add "..\..\external-libs\boost" (or the correct path to dom\external-libs\boost) to Additional include directories of your application project file, this was already included in the dom-static project file.

2) define "BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB" in Preprocessor Definitions of your application project file. This was already included in the dom-static project file. See the following explaination:
    // BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB: Tells the config system not to automatically select
    // which libraries to link against.
    // Normally if a compiler supports #pragma lib, then the correct library
    // build variant will be automatically selected and linked against,
    // simply by the act of including one of that library's headers.
    // This macro turns that feature off.
    // #define BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_38_0/bo ... g/user.hpp
    3) add the following two static boost libs to the Linker Additional Dependencies of your app project file
    libboost_filesystem.lib
    libboost_system.lib
    These two libs are included in collada-dom-2.2, so the users do not need to download boost themselves

PS. In the "DOM guide: Setting up" we must build libcollada14dom22-s.lib (release) or libcollada14dom22-sd.lib (debug) but i had only libcollada15dom21-s.lib
    Regarding the colladadom version issue (i.e. 21 or 22), the dom package 2.2 was released without the dom project file updated to the new file name (libcollada15dom22-s.lib). You can just use libcollada15dom21-s.lib, or modify the output name in the dom-static project file to libcollada15dom22-s.lib, or sync with the latest collada-dom from

thank you, errors log is much more shorter now.

libcollada15dom22-sd.lib(daeIOPluginCommon.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __thiscall daeZAEUncompressHandler::~daeZAEUncompressHandler( void)" (??1daeZAEUncompressHandler@@UAE@XZ) referenced in function "public: virtual int __thiscall daeIOPluginCommon::read(class daeURI const &,char const *)" (?read@daeIOPluginCommon@@UAEHABVdaeURI@@PBD@Z)

1>libcollada15dom22-sd.lib(daeIOPluginCommon.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const & __thiscall daeZAEUncompressHandler:btainRootFilePath(void)" (?obtainRootFilePath@daeZAEUncompressHandler@@QAEA BV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocat or@D@2@@std@@XZ) referenced in function "public: virtual int __thiscall daeIOPluginCommon::read(class daeURI const &,char const *)" (?read@daeIOPluginCommon@@UAEHABVdaeURI@@PBD@Z)

1>libcollada15dom22-sd.lib(daeIOPluginCommon.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall daeZAEUncompressHandler::daeZAEUncompressHandler(c lass daeURI const &)" (??0daeZAEUncompressHandler@@QAE@ABVdaeURI@@@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual int __thiscall daeIOPluginCommon::read(class daeURI const &,char const *)" (?read@daeIOPluginCommon@@UAEHABVdaeURI@@PBD@Z)

i downloaded viewer from https://collada-dom.svn.sourceforge.net ... dom/trunk/ And built it. After that i linked libcollada14dom22-sd.lib to my project and it is finally working!

Thank you for your patience.

PS. "DOM guide: Setting up" manual is trash

Working static lib project settings include this strings:

DOM_INCLUDE_LIBXML
    PCRE_STATIC

houdhoud

"dae.h" started to include libboost header file with the ZAE feature implementation in September 2008.

I updated "DOM guide: Setting up" to include the steps necessary to include libboost in one's project.

Thanks for the input.

jnwood

You can fix your "unresolved external symbol" errors by opening the dom-static project and adding daeZAEUncompressHandler.cpp to the Source Files folder. Then recompile the project. It appears they simply forgot to include that file in the project even though it clearly exists in the source directory.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast