Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: collada-dom-2.2 Boost Dependences

Re: collada-dom-2.2 Boost Dependences

I just installed Boost 1.38.

I would like to use the most recent boost libraries.

I am using MSVC9.

I have tried to simply use the projects included with the Collada DOM 2.2 download. However, if I don't use the boost libraries included with Collada I get unresolved externals for both libraries. If I use the libraries included with Collada I get multiply defined symbols.

My only choice seems to alter the included msvc projects to use my release of the boost libraries so that there are no conflicts.

Can you add instructions for those who already have boost installed which may or may not be a different version that of the boost libraries included with Collada DOM 2.2?

In my case the dom-static project compiled perfectly but the libraries have proven to be unusable along side boost version 1.38, the current latest version.

Please consider my case as I suspect it is a general problem.

If you already have Boost installed and would like to use the release you have without conflicts elsewhere in your project or if you wish to use a newer version of the Boost libraries than is packaged with Collada DOM 2.2 you may with MSVS with the following instructions.

You must compile Collada DOM 2.2 against the release of the Boost libraries you have installed.

To do this you must change some project property settings. The directions are the same for release and debug configurations.

1. Remove the preprocessor directive: BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB
    2. Remove additional include directory: ..\..\external-libs\boost
    3. Remove additional library directory: ..\..\external-libs\boost\lib\vc9 (or vc8 etc.)
    4. Remove the Linker Additional Dependencies: libboost_filesystem.lib;libboost_system.lib (-d variants for debug)

So long as MSVS is aware of your Boost installation Collada DOM 2.2 will compile against the release of Boost you have installed.

!!! Run the domTest's !!!

If all test's pass then everything is fine. If any of the tests fail you can recompile Collada DOM 2.2 with the Boost libraries included with it. However, any projects using Collada DOM 2.2 and Boost will now have to compile and link against the libraries included with Collada DOM 2.2 instead of those installed with your own Boost release. In other words, your project will have to conform to the project settings for compiling Collada DOM 2.2.

Hi. I'm having some trouble setting up collada dom.
    Perhaps someone can offer some suggestions?
    I'm using Microsoft Visual C++ 2005

I tried static linking as per the "DOM guide: Setting up" and the various instructions in this thread. I gave up.

Now I'd settle gladly for dynamic linking and shipping the libcollada14dom21.dll with the applications.
    I included

#include <dae.h>
    and
    #include <dom/domCOLLADA.h>
    and

I get the following error
    collada-dom-2.2\collada-dom\dom\external-libs\boost\boost/config/auto_link.hpp(93) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/version.hpp': No such file or directory.

version.hpp doesn't exist.

If I get it off the link JAre posted I get the same message he did:
    libboost_filesystem-vc90-mt-1_37.lib

I mean no harm. I just want to be able to parse Collada files.

Should I try FCollada instead? I don't even know where to get it.

Please dispense some advice.

another option could be OpenCOLLADA (Stream/SAX based parsing, faster, no memory consumption) available at
    http://sf.net/projects/opencollada
    There is no boost dependency for the parsing part required.

FCOLLADA (DOM based, slower, more memory consumption) is available at
    http://sf.net/projects/colladamaya

Sebastian

I must be missing something. There doesn't appear to be any downloadable content.
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencollada/files/

I keep getting these two linking errors. I did everything as per the DOM guide.

Code :
    1>libboost_system.lib(error_code.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__strerror referenced in function "public: virtual class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > __thiscall `anonymous namespace'::posix_error_category::message(int)const " (?message@posix_error_category@?A0xc21e9867@@UBE?AV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@H@Z)
    and
    Code :
    1>libboost_system.lib(error_code.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp___invalid_parameter_noinfo referenced in function "public: virtual class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > __thiscall `anonymous namespace'::system_error_category::message(int)const " (?message@system_error_category@?A0xc21e9867@@UBE?AV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@H@Z)

Any advice, someone?

Ok. I replaced

BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB
    PCRE_STATIC
    DOM_INCLUDE_LIBXML

with

DOM_DYNAMIC

in c++ - preprocessor - preprocessor definitions

and

libcollada14dom21-s.lib

with

libcollada14dom21.lib

in Linker - Input - Additional Dependencies

Still get
    Code :
    fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/version.hpp': No such file or directory	F:\Work_Aerrevan\collada-dom-2.2\collada-dom\dom\external-libs\boost\boost\config\auto_link.hpp	93
    Any advice, please?

Could anyone at least tell me what version of boost collada dom 2.2 uses? So I can manually edit the version.hpp file?

I keep getting
    Code :
    1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libboost_filesystem-vc80-mt-s-1_37.lib'
    If I manually edit the version.hpp file to version 1.36 I get
    Code :
    1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libboost_filesystem-vc80-mt-s-1_36.lib'
    I have no libboost_filesystem-*.lib file on my drive.

[Admin: expletive deleted]

Quote Originally Posted by ariesmoon
    I must be missing something. There doesn't appear to be any downloadable content.
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencollada/files/
    It there http://opencollada.svn.sourceforge.net/ ... ada/trunk/ but it is not easy to find.

You also don't need Boost to build the DOM.
    Add -DNO_BOOST to your build.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast