Thread: problems with maya 2009 on OSX leopard

jason7

problems with maya 2009 on OSX leopard

hi:

Me and many others are having problems with the collada maya plugin.

I get this error when trying to load the plugin:

// Error: Unable to dynamically load : /Users/Shared/Autodesk/maya/2009/plug-ins/COLLADAMaya.bundle
    dlopen(/Users/Shared/Autodesk/maya/2009/plug-ins/COLLADAMaya.bundle, 1): Library not loaded: libboost_filesystem-xgcc40-mt-1_36.dylib
    Referenced from: /Users/Shared/Autodesk/maya/2009/plug-ins/COLLADAMaya.bundle
    Reason: image not found //
    // Error: dlopen(/Users/Shared/Autodesk/maya/2009/plug-ins/COLLADAMaya.bundle, 1): Library not loaded: libboost_filesystem-xgcc40-mt-1_36.dylib
    Reason: image not found //
    // Error: dlopen(/Users/Shared/Autodesk/maya/2009/plug-ins/COLLADAMaya.bundle, 1): Library not loaded: libboost_filesystem-xgcc40-mt-1_36.dylib
    Reason: image not found (COLLADAMaya) //

You can see more users with the same problem here:
    http://area.autodesk.com/index.php/foru ... ead/21285/

Thanks for any help.

Re: problems with maya 2009 on OSX leopard

An updated version of COLLADAMaya for Mac OS X is available at
    SourceForge. Please uninstall all previous versions first. Detailed instruction can be found at COLLADAMaya.sf.net

Sebastian

jason7

I installed it in maya 2009 and at least it doesnt give an error when loading it but then nothing happens when i import files.

in maya 2008 i get unrecognized file type.

does it work to you?

the README from sourceforge is still valid: no import functionality with this plugin provided. It's only a DAE exporter.

Sebastian

wasbubs

when will we be able to import using maya2009 and the colladaMaya plugin? I mean this seems like a pretty important feature to be left out. and Maya 2011 is almost out now! It's pretty hard to move files back and forth if you can't open collada files...

The latest open source plugin for Maya is available from the OpenCOLLADA project (see sticky link in this forum).