Thread: Compile issues with Ubuntu 8.10

Compile issues with Ubuntu 8.10

Code :
    src/Crt/1.4/CrtSceneRead.cpp:2133: error: request for member ‘push_back’ in ‘ctrl->CrtController::skeletons’, which is of non-class type ‘int’
    src/Crt/1.4/CrtSceneRead.cpp: In member function ‘CrtNode* CrtScene::ReadNode(domNodeRef, CrtNode*)’:
    src/Crt/1.4/CrtSceneRead.cpp:2146: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
    make[1]: *** [build/linux-1.4/obj/CrtSceneRead.o] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/name/graphics/colladadom/rt'
    make: *** [all] Error 2

Have libxml2, pcre3-dev, nvidia-cg-toolkit, glut, libboost-fs-dev installed couldnt find the issue any ideas?

Can you tell us which version of GCC you are using?

Every time they update the version they seem to get a bit more strict about the interpretation of C++ rules, to test this out I need to make sure we are using the exact same compiler version.

I think the command is gcc --version to get the version number.

Quote Originally Posted by uclahklaw
    Can you tell us which version of GCC you are using?

Every time they update the version they seem to get a bit more strict about the interpretation of C++ rules, to test this out I need to make sure we are using the exact same compiler version.

I think the command is gcc --version to get the version number.
    gcc version 4.3.2

I'm trying to think of anything else that it could be,

Also using:
    Nvidia Cg toolkit: Cg-2.0_May2008_x86_64.tgz

Currently trying with gcc 4.2 - apparently meant to have worked in 8.04 ubuntu - wish me luck

Okay I got abit further...
    Code :
    Compiling src/Crt/CrtAnimation.cpp to build/linux-1.4/obj/CrtAnimation.o
    src/Crt/CrtAnimation.cpp:227:2: warning: no newline at end of file
    Compiling src/Crt/CrtEffect.cpp to build/linux-1.4/obj/CrtEffect.o
    In file included from include/Crt/CrtPlatform.h:14,
                     from src/Crt/CrtEffect.cpp:8:
    include/Crt/CrtLinux.h:28: error: conflicting declaration ‘typedef int GLsizeiptr’
    /usr/include/GL/glext.h:3711: error: ‘GLsizeiptr’ has a previous declaration as‘typedef ptrdiff_t GLsizeiptr’
    In file included from include/Crt/CrtPlatform.h:14,
                     from src/Crt/CrtEffect.cpp:8:
    include/Crt/CrtLinux.h:77: warning: ‘void MessageBox(char*, char*, char*, int)’defined but not used
    make[1]: *** [build/linux-1.4/obj/CrtEffect.o] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/name/graphics/colladadom/rt'
    make: *** [all] Error 2

Seems there may be some sort of conflict with my installation of OpenGL? gunna have a prod arround with it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated - I will persevere but dam didnt think it wud be this hard.

Oh...I just realized these errors are in the RT/Viewer and not the DOM.

One of the people here just checked in a number of fixes to the Linux build of the RT/Viewer. She was testing with GCC 4.2.3 and it seemed to work. I think there is a new linux readme now too.

If you haven't done a fresh checkout in the last day or so, please give that a try and let me know how it builds. I don't think a new ZIP package is up yet, so you need to grab it through a subversion checkout for now.

Please let me know how this goes for you, if you still have problems building we'll run some more tests.

I have removed following section of code from CrtLinux.h, and checked the new code in sourceforge. This should solve the issue you have been experiencing.

#ifndef GLsizeiptr
    typedef int GLsizeiptr;
    #endif

Apparently "GLsizeiptr" is already defined to be "ptrdiff_t" in glext.h, although I do not understand why the "#ifndef GLsizeiptr" in CrtLinux.h did not prevent the redefinition of it...

I am using Ubuntu 8.04, gcc 4.2.3, Cg 2.1 Toolkit, not sure which openGL version I am using. Please let me know if the new CrtLinux.h does not fix your problem.