Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: prefer to use COLLADA DOM in Code::Blocks

Quote Originally Posted by sthomas
    I have to redo the DOM 2.0 packages because of problems with our Visual Studio libs (and a nasty crash discovered by a colleague at Intel). Maybe if we have MinGW support done in time we can include it with the DOM 2.0 re-release.

Steve
    I think we can make it, right now I managed to get everything to compile and link, there is still the PCRE Issue, but it is a minor one.

I ran into this Boost bug, so we may want to upgrade to 1_35_0 after all, in any case I patched the header and its going to be on the patch I send you (I'll provide you with binary libs as well in a separate package).

Other things to note:

1- There were a couple of classes missing their DLLSPEC tag, daeIDRefResolverList for instance, thats been corrected.

2- All tests pass except for rawSupport which crashes before completing, perhaps this is the bug you mentioned?

3- I haven't build against tinyxml, but that one should be very easy.

The raw support test should pass unless you're using the TinyXML plugin. I can look into it when I get the patch.

Alright, it works!

I posted the patch at SourceForge,

You can get the external libs package from my website at http://www.aeongames.com/external-libs.tar.gz

I'm sure there will be questions, you can email me at x@y [x = kwizatz, y = aeongames.com] which is also my googletalk id if you need faster answers .

Now I am off to bed.

Cheers!

Awesome news! I'm heading out now but I'll definitely take a look tomorrow.

The trunk now has MinGW support. If you have a proper MinGW setup you should be able to check out the code and build the same way you would on Linux or Mac: just run 'make' in the DOM directory. See the make readme for more info about our make build.

To come back to the original poster's question, you should now be able to use the DOM with Code::Blocks via MinGW just fine. I tested this myself last night by installing Code::Blocks and creating a simple app using the DOM. Everything worked fine. The only issue I had was that I could debug into DOM headers, but not into the DOM cpp files for some reason. I don't think this is an issue with the DOM's MinGW build though. Using gdb from the command line I could debug into the DOM just fine. I think I just don't have Code::Blocks setup properly to find the DOM source files for debugging or something. I've never used Code::Blocks before so I really don't know what I'm doing.

Special shout out to kwizatz for contributing the patch for MinGW support and offering tons of help getting some kinks worked out.

Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12