Thread: occurence of "intance_material" in a "bind_ma

JeanPrince

occurence of "intance_material" in a "bind_ma

hello everybody,
    i want to know how a collada reader may perform many "instance_material" in a bind material attached to an instance_geometry.
    I know that if there is just one instance_material in the bind material, the associated material will be apply to the associated mesh but what's happened with many instance_materials.
    Thanks in advance.

I know that if there is just one instance_material in the bind material, the associated material will be apply to the associated mesh
    It's a little bit more complicated than that actually. Each primitive inside a <mesh> (e.g. <triangles>, <polygons>, etc) references a material 'symbol', and then that symbol is bound to a specific <material> element in <instance_material>. Here's an example using multiple <instance_material>s.
    Code :
    <material id="material1">...</material>
    <material id="material2">...</material>
    <mesh>

<triangles material="mat1">...</triangles>
        <triangles material="mat2">...</triangles>
    </mesh>
    <bind_material>
        <technique_common>

<instance_material symbol="mat1" target="#material1"/>
            <instance_material symbol="mat2" target="#material2"/>
    Once you understand how materials are actually bound, it's easy to understand how many <instance_material>s work, since they work exactly the same as one <instance_material>.

See the documentation on the <bind_material> element in the spec for more info.

JeanPrince
    Great thanks for your answers.