Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone have problems running/building Refinery 2.0.3?

Thanks sthomas! That chaining advice and avoid saving to disk is a good tip. Let us know how that VMWare clean install goes. Might try that myself in the next 3 weeks. I'll be sure to reply to this topic if/when I do.

Code :
    Fair enough. Shame you're such a quitter though. (I kid Razz)

Gah! Haha.. I tried! I want a new computer :/.

Ok, got VMware installed and tried installing Refinery. First I installed the latest JDK and the VS 2005 redist. Otherwise, I'm working on a clean Windows XP Pro SP 2.

Refinery 2.0 wouldn't run at first. libloader was failing. Depends said it couldn't resolve msvcp71.dll. I tried looking for an official Visual Studio 2003 redist but wasn't successful, so I downloaded msvcp71.dll from dll-files.com and put it in Windows\System32. Then it ran fine.

Refinery 2.0.3 and 2.1.0 (the not-yet released version from svn) just won't run. I get this error with either version:
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Program Files\COLLADA\COLLADA_Refinery\libloader.dll: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem
    Opening libloader in depends gives me this:
    Error: The Side-by-Side configuration information for "c:\program files\collada\collada_refinery\bin\vc8\release\LIB COLLADA141DOM12.DLL" contains errors.
    Googling the problem took me here. There are lots of different people suggesting different solutions that worked for them. I tried a couple but didn't have any luck.

I have to work on some other stuff now, but I'll be back.

Props man. That was fast, setting up VMs are a pain, good thing you can alt-tab to something else .

Error: The Side-by-Side configuration information for "c:\program files\collada\collada_refinery\bin\vc8\release\LIB COLLADA141DOM12.DLL" contains errors.
    Yup, I got that error too for 2.0.3 on load in dependency walker. Good find on the Googling.

Hopefully copying msvcp80.dll and msvcr80.dll from the working machine onto the VM Stock install will fix it. Otherwise gotta find the incompatibility with the static libs used on the compiling machine with the runtime libraries on VM?

hi,

just tried the compilation on a fresh Parallels Installation with current SVN-version of both Refinery and DOM. Apparently I got the Refinery running without any major problems, but I build the DOM 1.3 first and linked the libloader against that version (not the one bundled with Refinery).

If that doesn't work for you: do you compile on a FAT32-partition? If you do, you might have to enable "Use FAT32 Work-around" in Project-properties->Manifest Tool->General. I ran into this problem a couple of months ago when I installed a cross-platform accessible partition. If the workaround is not enabled on FAT32, the dynamic loader simply does not find the DLL.

Thanks heinzi, tried it and confirming that your method works! compiled libloader and all the conditioner projects using libcollada14dom13.lib, copied the libcollada141dom13.dll to the dynamic loading path (the 'bin' dir of the Refinery Folder if you're using the *.bat file otherwise the same dir that you run 'java -jar refinery.jar').

Before this threads dies, what is the difference between libcollada14dom12 and libcollada14dom13? I wasn't clear on this. If one is a newer library than the other but implements the same Specification (Collada 1.4), why would Refinery or any project be built against the older libcollada14dom12 over libcollada14dom13?

Thanks for the tip Heinrich.
    Before this threads dies, what is the difference between libcollada14dom12 and libcollada14dom13? I wasn't clear on this. If one is a newer library than the other but implements the same Specification (Collada 1.4), why would Refinery or any project be built against the older libcollada14dom12 over libcollada14dom13?
    libcollada141dom13.dll is DOM 1.3.0, which is the latest released version. libcollada141dom12.dll is DOM 1.2.0. It looks like we just haven't updated the Refinery to use the latest version of the DOM yet. I filed a bug to do that for the next release of Refinery.

I don't think the real issue was the DOM version though. I think I had the right idea all along about the VS2005 redist, but I was linking to the wrong redist. Our software is built with VS2005 SP1, which has a different redist than plain VS2005, which is the redist I was linking you to. The VS2005 SP1 redist is available here.

When I take a clean Windows XP and try to run Refinery, it doesn't work. After I install the VS2005 SP1 redist though, Refinery runs fine. We shouldn't bother the user with this sort of nonsense though, so I filed a bug. I have to work on other things now but hopefully either me or Herbert can address this in the near future.

Actually I went ahead and submitted revision 53, which modifies the installer to run the VS2005 SP1 redist. The installer used for the next version of Refinery should work on all Windows machines.

thank

really learned a lot from here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12