Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DOM vs DAE (1.4)

So for you, the output is something like this?

Geo Lib 1
    Geo 1

I get the correct results with any model I try. Better post your cube.dae, or email it to me if it's large. I sent you my email address in a PM.

Correct, 0 for the DOM call

Sent you all the files

We were able to figure out the problem offline. He was linking against an older build of the DOM, and this was causing things to get screwy. This problem is described in the release notes.
    * [Guideline]
    The COLLADA_DOM, as of release 1.2.0, has changed the build output location of win32 static libraries. The DOM now contains project files for both MSVS2003 and MSVS2005. The output for MSVC2003 is lib/vc7 and for MSVS2005 is lib/vc8. Be careful if updating from previous DOM versions. If you don't update your project files to use the new location you may inadvertently continue linking against old versions of the DOM libraries which will cause errors.
    The comment in the release notes has turned out to be a bad way of alerting people to the problem. If we ever bump into this same situation in the future we may want to consider intentionally introducing symbols in the headers that'll cause the link to fail if linking against the old libraries.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12