Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: COLLADA for XNA - Take 2

KeyNotFoundException error during compile

Hello,
    I'm getting this unusual error and I can't figure out for the life of me why.
    All I've done here is added the collada libraries to my content pipeline and loaded a mesh. It is not even being pointed to in my code yet.

Any thoughts?

Thanks Kyle

Error 1 Building content threw KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(T Key key)
    at COLLADA.Conditioner.Reindexor(Document doc) in C:\Workspace-Kyle\SmokeAndMirrors\External\COLLADAPipeline\COLL ADAPipeline\COLLADAConditioner.cs:line 128
    at COLLADA.COLLADAImporter.Import(String filename, ContentImporterContext context) in C:\Workspace-Kyle\SmokeAndMirrors\External\COLLADAPipeline\COLL ADAPipeline\COLLADAPipeliner.cs:line 747
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.ContentIm porter`1.Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline. IContentImporter.Import(String filename, ContentImporterContext context)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoor dinator.ImportAssetDirectly(BuildItem item, String importerName)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoor dinator.ImportAsset(BuildItem item)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoor dinator.BuildAssetWorker(BuildItem item)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoor dinator.BuildAsset(BuildItem item)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoor dinator.RunTheBuild()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.Tasks.Bui ldContent.RemoteProxy.RunTheBuild(BuildCoordinator Settings settings, ITaskItem[] sourceAssets, TaskLoggingHelper msbuildLog, String[]& outputContent, String[]& rebuiltContent, String[]& intermediates) C:\Documents and Settings\Kyle Rocha\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WindowsGame2\WindowsGame2\Content\Mo dels\Collada-Smoke_skelmesh.dae WindowsGame2

BTW: I have just posted a little project to load collada files with skinning and skeletal bone animation (plus normal mapping, etc. the usual) on my blog.

Check it out: http://abi.exdream.com
    Full source code, video and demo app can be downloaded there.

Screenshot from the project:

Re: KeyNotFoundException error during compile

Quote Originally Posted by kylawl
    Hello,
    I'm getting this unusual error and I can't figure out for the life of me why.
    Hi,

Can you send me the .dae file ?
    remi at collada.org

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abi
    BTW: I have just posted a little project to load collada files with skinning and skeletal bone animation (plus normal mapping, etc. the usual) on my blog.
    That is a really good job you did there, lots of technical details. Thanks a lot for making this available !

That unusual error only seems to be on the objects that I export and not the ones that are in the collada model library.

I'm not sure what to do about the data being incorrect if its coming out of the 3DS MAX exporter.

Cheers
    Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by kylawl
    That unusual error only seems to be on the objects that I export and not the ones that are in the collada model library.

I'm not sure what to do about the data being incorrect if its coming out of the 3DS MAX exporter.

Cheers
    Kyle
    It is most probably a bug in the conditioner. Could you send me an example that does not work to remi (at) collada.org, so I can fix that for you.

Regards

Thanks for reporting this bug, turns out it was the new exporter now includes additional inputs that I had not tested before.

The problem is fixed (see patch 1 on top of this thread)

Please keep reporting issues !

AndrewLarder
    Remi,

thanks for the work you have done on this!

Having tried it, I have noticed that you use nested classes a great deal. This isn't really the C# way of doing things, and it rather messes up any attempt to follow the structure of the software using the class designer in VS2005 professional. Would it be possible for you to use namespaces to group classes, rather than nesting classes? I have already done this to some extent after I downloaded the code, in an attempt to make some changes to pick up data that was missing from some files exported from 3DS Max.

This brings me onto another issue - to really be able to commit to using this library we need some way of merging improvements back into the main development stream.

Andy.

letsrocknet

Open Source Project?

Heja out there...

Firstly a big thank you for this work. Haven't it tested it deeply yet but right now it works quite well.

What about making an Open Source Project out of this? It would be much easier to report bugs and help and first of all: to download it

markus

MrM
    Hi!

I'm actually writing a COLLADA loader for Managed DX. I've started with the COLLADA loader from remi a while ago. Everything (including bone animation) worked fine for a time but now i stumbled upon a problem:

In the Visual Scene I've got a root node with no sid and "NODE" as type instead of "JOINT" or "BONE". Any suggestion how to deal with that or how to prevent that?

Matthias

PS: I'm using Max 8 & the Feeling exporter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast