Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about common profile state settings

Quote Originally Posted by sthomas
    The answer is that I need to be using <profile_GLSL/CG> for what I want.
    Actually now that I think about it, the thing that sucks about this is that if I import/export such a model from a dcc tool it's probably going to throw out my <profile_GLSL> and just export a <profile_COMMON>, so I'll lose my platform-specific render information in the process.

We're trying to treat Collada as a source format, whereby we ship a bunch of Collada models with our software and our users can edit those models in any Collada-supporting package. The farther I get along with this the less confident I am that this is going to work.

Have your company put pressure on the plug-in implementors to make it so they don't drop the extra data. They aren't supposed to but until we have the conformance test finished we have no way to strictly test and enforce this rule.
    The plugin implementors sometimes just need to be pushed by users so they can prioritize features.

-Andy

First let me add support for <profile_GLSL> to our converter and importer, then I'll see exactly what the dcc apps do with it (throw it out I'm sure). Then I'll submit bugs/feature requests to see if we can get them to round-trip that data properly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12