Thread: ColladaMax stack overflow

ColladaMax stack overflow

When I try to export a model with animation, in some cases it works but in others max crashes. With debugging I found that in my case it crashes with a stack overflow error inside the function:

XMLNodePtr ColladaExporter::AddHelperNode(XMLNodePtr& maxExtraNode, IGameNode* sceneNode, IGameObject* helperObject)

at the line

simpleObject->GetLocalBoundBox(TIME_NegInfinity, sceneNode->GetMaxNode(), NULL, boundingBox);

I am not sure if the stack overflow happens only there or can happen anywhere depending on the data. I commented out the part that exports <extra> nodes for helper nodes and it worked. Not a big problem since I don't need the <extra> information. Thought it might help finding a bug.

regards,

yoshi

Hi there,

Could you please email me a test scene which shows the issues?

The "GetLocalBoundBox" function is a part of the 3dsMax SDK, so I'm not sure how much I can really help (if the issue is some infinite recursion). What I do know is that before the past release, I had modified ColladaMax to have one more function call within the recursive scene graph export. Maybe this extra function call was too much..

Sincerely,
    Guillaume Laforte
    Feeling Software Inc
    http://www.feelingsoftware.com

Please, can bugs for the Maya and Max plug-in be reported using the sourceforge bug tracker.

Thanks