Become a Khronos Member
What's the Best Way for My Company to Get Involved?
There are five levels at which an individual or company can participate in Khronos Media Authoring and Acceleration technologies development and usage, each with its own set of benefits:
- Implementers - may create and deliver a product using the publicly released specifications, but cannot use the trademarks.
- Adopters - complete the conformance testing procedures and sign a royalty-free license to use the trademarks on their products.
- Academic Contributors - have full API working group participation but no voting rights.
- Contributors - have full API working group participation and voting rights, and generous marketing benefits.
- Promoters - act as the "Board of Directors" to set the direction of the Group, with final specification ratification voting rights.
How Do I Apply for and Execute a Membership Agreement?
Please visit our membership application page, and download the documents for a Contributor, Adopter or Promoter Membership. On this web page you will find complete instructions for faxing your signature pages, mailing your originals to our office, and arranging for payment of dues.
How Do I Become an Adopter and enter Conformance Testing?
Please visit the Adopters page.
What Benefits Do We Get From Our Paid Membership?
- You may listen or participate in all active work groups and any marketing work groups
- Contributors and Promoters have voting rights in the development of these specifications
- You get to participate in speaking opportunities at Khronos Events that let you get your messages out there: so the price of your membership is quickly recovered through marketing value alone!
- You may also get to speak on behalf of Khronos on panels at industry events, and take requests for interviews from press
How Does the Khronos Group Development Process Work?
How does Khronos make money?
It Doesn't! Khronos is a non-profit organization funded by member dues that cover costs of engineering, outreach, and operating expenses.
Khronons members make money from selling products enabled by standards–not from charging for the standard itself