Four levels at which an individual, company or academic institution can participate in Khronos Group activity:
- Promoter Members - Board Approval Required. Full working group participation and voting rights PLUS the right to designate a Director to the Khronos Board.
- Contributor Members - Available to any entity that wishes to join. Have full working group participation and voting rights.
- Associate Members - Available to companies with fewer than 20 employees. Have full working group participation but without working group voting rights.
- Academic Members - Available to accredited Academic Institutions. Have full working group participation but without working group voting rights.
- Member List - View a current, text list of Khronos members
Valve, creators of several best-selling game franchises (such as Counter-Strike, Half-Life, Left 4 Dead, Portal, and Team Fortress) and game technologies (such as Steam and the Source engine) are committed to ensuring the future success of open and cross-platform technologies like OpenGL and other Khronos APIs. Valve is proud to be able to collaborate with the other Khronos members to set the direction of these APIs in order to advance the state of cross-platform development. For more information, please visit http://valvesoftware.com.