Four levels at which an individual, company or academic institution can participate in Khronos Group activity:
- Promoter Members - Board Approval Required. Full working group participation and voting rights PLUS the right to designate a Director to the Khronos Board.
- Contributor Members - Available to any entity that wishes to join. Have full working group participation and voting rights.
- Associate Members - Available to companies with fewer than 20 employees. Have full working group participation but without working group voting rights.
- Academic Members - Available to accredited Academic Institutions. Have full working group participation but without working group voting rights.
- Member List - View a current, text list of Khronos members
NXP is a newly independent semiconductor company (founded by Philips) with a fifty-year history of providing engineers and designers with semiconductors and software that deliver better sensory experiences for mobile communications, consumer electronics, security applications, contactless payment and connectivity, and in-car entertainment and networking. Building on its heritage in consumer research, significant R&D investment and world-class industry partners, NXP's "vibrant media technologies" allow consumers to enjoy better sensory experiences - brilliant images, crisp clear sound and easy sharing of information in homes, cars and mobile devices. For more information, please visit http://www.nxp.com.