We are looking for a strong Technical Lead for a graphics software team focused on performance and advanced graphics rendering techniques for mobile gaming applications. The team is responsible for producing future looking internal content and optimizing 3rd party graphics applications specifically to showcase Arm technologies.
To do this successfully and deliver a positive gaming experience requires more than the development of individual CPU and GPU processors. We believe that it is also necessary for Arm to have strong partnerships with world-class game developers and ensure they are able to obtain maximum performance from Arm based platforms.
About the team:
The Developer Relations and Graphics Engineering team are a dedicated engineering team that perform a strategically important function within the growing Ecosystem and Engineering group. The team are tasked with ensuring that graphics developers are successful at creating compelling experiences on Arm’s Mali GPU and CPUs. The team are experts in their field, advising game developers and partners on how to unlock performance and deliver advanced, innovative graphics features on Arm based smartphones, Chromebooks, laptops, and other client computing devices.
As the graphics engineering Tech Lead, you will work closely with our GPU and CPU design teams, our Game Engine team, and Developer Marketing team. You will also build strong, interactive relationships with leading game industry developers, mobile OS vendors and other third-party developers focused on advanced graphics features.
We are looking for an adventurous software engineer and Tech Lead willing to explore the full software stack and learn more about graphics industry trends and graphics architectures for the mobile space.
In this role, you will take part in performance investigations, research and development of graphics applications, as well as acting as a lead for the team and working with other dedicated engineers across Arm. The goal is to evolve and improve graphics, collaborate with and influence silicon partners, game developers and OS vendors.
Through working on the latest graphics APIs and Arm hardware, you will help with technical evaluation, estimation and completion of software development tasks identified in partnership with our hardware and architecture teams.
What will I be accountable for?
- Technical Lead for a team of graphics software engineers to investigate real world graphics applications, identifying and developing understanding of performance bottlenecks to optimize them for Arm
- Identify existing and emerging 3D graphics technologies, and evaluate their impact on existing and future Arm hardware
- Assist in negotiating and planning with other teams within Arm to prioritize development tasks
- Technical evaluation of proposed software engineering tasks, tracking and completion
What skills, experience and qualifications do you need?
- University degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, or Engineering (other disciplines will also be considered with meaningful experience)
- Experience developing GPU-intensive applications using OpenGL ES or Vulkan
- Strong knowledge of C/C++ development and debugging
- Experience developing on mobile platforms, (e.g., Android)
- Excellent communications skills, ambitious and well-organised
It would be beneficial if you also had:
- Knowledge of the mobile software and developer landscape
- Experience of working within an Agile scrum environment
- Knowledge of commercial game engines, (e.g., Unity, Unreal)
- Experience with Android or Linux operating system internals
- Arm NEON or other SIMD architectures
- Working knowledge of developing applications for mobile System on Chip platforms