We are now looking for a Senior Compiler Engineer:
NVIDIA’s invention of the GPU 1999 sparked the growth of the PC gaming market, redefined modern computer graphics, and revolutionized parallel computing. More recently, GPU deep learning ignited modern AI — the next era of computing — with the GPU acting as the brain of computers, robots, and self-driving cars that can perceive and understand the world. Today, we are increasingly known as “the AI computing company”. We are growing our company with the smartest people in the world. We are looking for you.
Our compiler group develops core compiler modules for the DirectX, OpenGL and Vulkan drivers, as well as the CUDA compiler used in our GPGPU products.
What you’ll be doing:
• You will serve as a Senior Member of an exceptional team of compiler engineers
• Responsible for crafting and implementing significant parts of the compiler
• Work on optimizing graphics shader compiler framework targeting ground breaking GPU technologies
• You can tackle several interesting and meaningful technical problems
• Contribution to open source projects (Khronos’ glslang, SpireGG)
• Authoring NVIDIA language specifications for new GPU features
What we need to see:
• 5+ years of experience and strong background in compilers
• Experience with various aspects of compiler design including language processing, compiler optimization, code generation and compiler architecture
• Deep understanding of compiler intermediate-language representation trade-offs
• Proven C/C++ programming skills with production system software
• Self-motivated and collaborative with the team
• BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (MS or PhD strongly preferred)
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
• Prior work experience related to graphics shader compiler development
• Strong experience in programming languages, LLVM internals and GPU architectures
• Familiarity with graphics programming languages & standards, such as OpenGL & Vulkan
• Familiarity with industry-standard compiler technologies & frameworks, such as SPIR-V & LLVM
• Familiarity with GPU architectures and graphics shader compilation techniques
• PhD degree in CS, publications in refereed journals, patent
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers. We have some of the most brilliant and hardworking people in the world working for us. If you’re creative and autonomous, we want to hear from you!
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
THE WORLD LEADER IN VISUAL COMPUTING
For more than two decades, NVIDIA has pioneered visual computing, the art and science of computer graphics.
With a singular focus on this field, we offer specialized platforms for the gaming, professional visualization, data center and automotive markets.
Our work is at the center of the most consequential mega-trends in technology — virtual reality, artificial intelligence and self-driving cars.