Senior 3D Software Engineer (m/w/d)
Company: Darmstadt Graphics Group GmbH
Categories: glTF, WebGL
Job Type: Remote, Onsite, Full-time
Creating the RapidCompact software, DGG is the leading provider of automated 3D data optimization technology, allowing clients around the world to scale up their 3D content production for real-time applications.
Our vision: Making 3D accessible to everyone.
You Roles and Responsibilities:
- You are helping our core team to develop cutting-edge 3D data optimization technology, being used in production pipelines to process millions of 3D data sets each year, fully-automatically
- You are performing research on 3D mesh processing, texture baking, UV mapping, optimization algorithms and ML-based algorithms for 3D data optimization and QA
- You have 8+ years of experience in 3D graphics or 3D geometry processing or a related field
- You have in-depth knowledge of related algorithms and the state of the art, including at least basic know-how in 3D mesh optimization, real-time rendering, texture baking, computer vision and image processing, optimization algorithms, machine learning, as well as data compression and 3D file formats.
- You have strong C/C++ programming skills, as well as attention to detail and the ability to write readable, efficient code for applications where performance is key
- You are able to efficiently design and evaluate problem solutions in the field of 3D geometry processing for graphics, solving R&D challenges related to 3D mesh processing / remeshing, UV unwrapping, texture packing, 3D object recognition, as well as solving optimization problems.
What we offer you:
- Opportunity to help shaping the future of massive-scale 3D content pipelines for E-Commerce, virtual heritage, metaverse tech stacks and many more exciting opportunities – based on a highly successful deep-tech solution that is making an impact through robust, efficient and effective automation
- Exciting mix of international clients from different areas, all working with different kinds of 3D data for real-time rendering & XR
- Motivated and highly skilled core 3D software development teams to work with – building on 10 years of R&D in this field
- As part of our growing team, you will have great growth perspectives for your own personal development
- Competitive salary and possibility for stock options
- 30 holidays, plus bank holidays in your country
- Additional perks
- Fully remote position, workplace in Darmstadt, or hybrid (according to your preferences)
Send in your CV and application letter at [email protected].
Posted: March 1st, 2022