This is a really smashing BRAND NEW role in an existing team. Your role will be to provide expert support to my client’s (a large technology company) standards strategies in the Vulkan area with a particular focus on keeping Vulkan relevant for the mobile development community.
Your role includes proactive work helping lead the standards activities within the Khronos community to increase the profile and technical contribution to Khronos’s Vulkan standards through contribution to the advancement and work of the group.
Your role will cover:
* Researching and co-operating with the industry, games developers, games publishers, Google and hardware partners such as ARM, Qualcomm etc to ensure that you are at the leading edge of new developments. This work may be through workshops, face to face meeting and online collaboration, etc.
* Work with colleagues from other working groups and in particular USA, UK and Asia colleagues in the various gaming support teams to increase new developments and to ensure a strong standards strategy..
* Work with internal engineers to identify potential implementation problems/errors in current and previous release specifications or through own investigations, and prepare/agree input to standards meetings, as required to resolve such problems.
* Build strong relationship with other Khronos members driving work in order that you become involved earlier in the standardisation effort and can more effectively influence the scope and direction towards the standardised
* Provide support/information as required on standardisation activities relating to new and future technologies.
* Contribute to, and help to edit, the monthly internal newsletter which covers the various Khronos standards work in which you will be involved in!
Skills and Qualifications
Skills and attributes:
* A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Natural Science, and Mathematics, Engineering or any other related discipline OR EQUIVALENT WORK EXPERIENCE!
* More than 3 year’s experience in desktop, console or mobile gaming and preferably with experience working as an active participant in standards.
* A thorough understanding of the modern graphics ecosystem system with expert knowledge of at least one graphics API such as Vulkan, OpenGL ES, DirectX 11, DirectX 12 or Metal.
* A broad understanding of the Android system software architecture and (ideally) a thorough understanding of the Android driver stack.
* An effective communicator able to clearly present complex ideas to large groups both internal and external to the company.
* Self motivation and ability to work as part of a team or alone, managing own work and setting sensible priorities according to perceived requirements.
* Willingness to travel frequently.
This is a really great role for an individual that is keen on being an integral part of the development and standardisation of the future of Khronos!
For more information on this role, please apply below.
PLEASE NOTE: This role requires international and EU travel, therefore we are only able to accept applications from UK/EU passport holders.
WA Consultants is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as described within The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003