Babylon.js Web Developer at Microsoft
Mexico, Costa Rica, & Brazil
Categories: glTF, WebGL
Job Type: Remote, Full-time
In the Office Media Group (OMG), our mission is to empower 1 billion people to achieve more with media. As a critical part of this mission, the Babylon.js team focuses on giving superpowers to all types of media through accelerated, open, web platforms. We are a diverse team, passionate about enriching traditional media like photos and videos, as well as shaping the future of media with a best-in-class 3D rendering engine. We are looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer who is excited about a future where interactive 3D communications are as commonplace as photos are today. We flourish by hiring talented minds who push themselves and their work in a highly collaborative environment of complex problem solving and innovation.
Qualified individuals are passionate about collaborative problem solving, effective communicators, and driven to unlock new superpowers for web developers everywhere. You have a consistent record in bringing vision to life by taking on hard challenges, while maintaining a healthy “team-first” perspective. You are not afraid of trying new things and evolving your approach. You are passionate about continually learning and passionate about accelerated 2D and 3D media.
Our dreams are big, bold, and exciting - we are building one of the most powerful, beautiful, simple, and open web rendering platforms on the planet…and we want you as a key part of it!
- You will help build and maintain the core Babylon.js engine.
- You will dream up big, new, and exciting features to push the Babylon platform forward.
- You will function as an engineer and product owner of multiple pieces of the platform.
- You will work closely with all members of the Babylon.js team to help drive consensus and forward momentum.
- You will expertly manage the balance of HIGH quality code and shipping features to Babylon.js developers across the world.
- You will interact with your customers daily through the Babylon.js forum, answering questions, teaching new users, and generally nurture a friendly and welcoming environment for everyone.
- You will be a master of clear communication.
- You prioritize fixing bugs above anything else.
- You will drive features forward while maintaining a flexible and agile working style.
- You will interact with an international team on a daily basis.
- You will work hard and laugh hard.
- You will strive to listen and clearly understand the varied and nuanced problems in complex 3D workflows.
- You will be the first to admit when you’re wrong, and the first to lean on others for help.
- You will work with internal Microsoft partner teams, helping them use Babylon.js to accelerate their web applications.
- You will work with external partner teams to help them learn Babylon.js and create amazing immersive web experiences.
- You will write clear documentation, written to easily teach others how to use the technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or similar or equivalent experience 4+ years of experience as a Web developer.
- You have a strong technical background and demonstrated ability to quickly come up to speed with new technologies.
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills.
- Comfortable learning and growing in a fast-paced, start-up-like environment.
- You have strong conceptual understanding of 3D rendering, 3D asset creation, and the unique challenges involved in 3D workflows and processes.
- Consistent track record of strong customer advocacy.
- You demonstrate strong cross-team communication and partnership skills.
- You excel in ambiguity. Experience is required to deal with ambiguous situations and conditions, and an ongoing need to identify, assess, and solve problems quickly and frequently.
- You have an amazing attitude…enthusiastic, positive, and team oriented.
- Experience building/developing Open Source software and engaging Open Source communities.
- Experience developing with WebGL/WebGPU.
- Experience working on both web and native technology stacks.
- Experience with popular game engines such as Unity and Unreal.
- Experience with the React framework.
- Experience with CSS.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Posted: July 1st, 2021