3D Pipeline Software Engineer (m/w/d)
Company: Darmstadt Graphics Group GmbH
Categories: glTF, WebGL
Job Type: Remote, Onsite, Full-time
Creating the RapidCompact software, DGG is the leading provider of automated 3D data optimization technology, allowing clients around the world to scale up their 3D content production for real-time applications.
Our vision: Making 3D accessible to everyone.
You Roles and Responsibilities:
- You are helping our 3D software engineering team to develop a cutting-edge 3D data optimization pipeline, being used in production pipelines to process millions of 3D data sets each year, fully-automatically
- You perform R&D tasks around state-of-the-art technology for fully-automated PBR material mapping, enabling our clients to seamlessly use of 3D assets from different authoring pipelines in real-time settings, without any manual intervention
- You are helping our team to write software that efficiently handles various kinds of 3D data, including various offline formats (examples: 3dsMax / V-Ray, CLO3D, …) and their translation to real-time 3D assets, as well as the handling of various material models and their mapping to standard PBR pipelines for asset delivery (examples: glTF, USDZ)
- You have 3+ years of experience in 3D graphics programming or a related field
- You have in-depth knowledge of at least some related algorithms, including (but not limited to) real-time rendering, raytracing / path tracing, optimization algorithms, as well as 3D material formats and material descriptions (examples: FBX, glTF, USD, Shaders, MaterialX, MDL, …).
- You have solid programming skills in Python and/or C++, as well as attention to detail and the ability to write readable, robust and efficient code
What we offer you:
- Opportunity to help shaping the future of E-Commerce, virtual heritage, metaverse tech stacks and many more exciting opportunities – based on a highly successful deep-tech solution
- Exciting mix of international clients from different areas
- Motivated and highly skilled development teams to work with
- Great growth perspectives for your own personal development
- Competitive salary
- 30 holidays
- Additional perks
- Fully remote position, workplace in Darmstadt, or hybrid (according to your preferences)
Send in your CV and application letter at [email protected].
Posted: March 1st, 2022