Do you want to stamp your mark on the future of mobile computing by improving the performance of games and graphics applications on billions of Arm based devices and gain a deep understanding of how to optimize for the most widely used compute solutions within mobile market? The mission of Arm’s Client Line of Business is to accelerate the adoption of our technology and open new markets through close collaboration with our product and marketing groups.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is within the fast-growing Client Solutions Group responsible for enabling the best possible user experience of Graphics and Gaming applications on Arm based smartphones, Chromebooks, laptops and 2-in-1 devices.
We are looking for an inquisitive software engineer and Tech Lead willing to explore the full software stack and learn more about the underlying hardware and processor architecture. You will have chance to dive deep into both software and hardware in order to unlock the true performance of today’s and tomorrow’s mobile devices.
In this role, you will take part in performance investigations, researching, development and optimizations of graphics applications. Through detailed analysis you will determine how design decisions affect the final end-user experience.
You will collaborate with and influence internal teams, silicon partners, middleware providers and OS vendors to make sure that the right systems are built for the future.
WHAT WILL YOU BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- You will investigate real world graphics applications, identifying and developing understanding of performance bottlenecks
- You will identify interesting 3D graphics and game technologies for research and development
- You will line-manage a team of engineers and artists
- You will be responsible for task estimation, tracking and completion
What skills, experience and qualifications do you need.
- Experience managing and leading a team
- Experience developing GPU-intensive applications using OpenGL ES or Vulkan and knowledge of GPU architecture
- Experience developing on mobile platforms, e.g. Android
- Experience using game engines, e.g. Unity, Unreal
- Strong knowledge of C/C++
IT WOULD BE USEFUL IF YOU ALSO HAD KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Agile Scrum process
- Arm NEON or other SIMD architectures
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
WE NOT I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
PASSION FOR PROGRESS
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
BE YOUR BRILLIANT SELF
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and hardworking people. By enabling a dynamic, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm’s success in the global marketplace.
Arm is at the heart of the world’s most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.