Tieto Poland, Wroclaw, Poland
Are you a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for 3D?
Then here is your chance to join us and be at the core of our map rendering team to ensure that we render the world as you would like it to be!
As part of the Platform Rendering R&D group you will be working within a team of developers, DevOps and architects. This is a dynamic role within a high-achieving team creating the software needed to generate maps for mobile devices, auto infotainment systems and web.
The main task of this role is to write high quality source code in a maintainable way. You will develop new features and improve existing ones using the best of your knowledge. You will care about performance and memory consumption.
You will have to solve problems across different products and services and this will expose you to a broad set of technical challenges as well as many different ways of solving them. This exposure will help you grow and you will gain deep understanding of our products.
· Design, develop, test, maintain and improve our software
· Decide on the best software model that is efficient for rendering purposes
· Participate actively in test automation framework to propose and decide applicable methodologies
· Track test results and defects in relevant tools/databases and pro-actively take on new challenges by learning new tools and environments
· Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
· Participate actively in architect forums across the company and defend rendering strategy
· Collaborate with DevOps to improve continuous integration and continuous delivery methodology
· Take over responsibility for architectural white papers
· Influence other cross functional teams to support architectural decisions
· BSc or MSc degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
· 5+ years of professional software development experience, including at least 2 years of C++ development
· Strong math skills, particularly linear algebra and geometry (computer graphics)
· Experience with 3D graphics, preferably Direct3D or OpenGL
· Strong C++ skills
· Experience with error tracking tools, e.g. JIRA
· Deep knowledge of Unix/Linux
· Familiarity with agile development
· Proven analytical skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Willing to work in a team based culture
· Get things done attitude and being self-motivated
· Ability to work independently & autonomously
· Think out of the box
At Tieto we are a team of professionals spread across many countries who are working on the frontline of a wide range of industries. We inspire, we engage and we deliver. We have global capabilities and a strong presence where our clients need it – in the Nordics or via local delivery centres across the globe.
Are you looking for a career with a company that both challenges and cares? Welcome to Tieto. We are committed to developing enterprises and society through information technology. We believe in openness, independent thinking, and in giving our people the freedom to be their exceptional selves. We are the largest Nordic IT services company providing full lifecycle services for both private and public sectors. Our work puts us at the frontline of a wide range of industries.
We offer you the chance to make a difference and be part of the forefront of emerging businesses and technology, exchanging ideas with the best professionals. You will cooperate with colleagues in an international and evolving working environment, and increase your knowledge in a variety of areas.
We offer you a challenging position with great opportunities for professional growth. With us you will have the opportunity to directly influence your career development. If you have a good idea, people will listen to you. We believe that trust fosters freedom and creativity. Our culture is built on transparency and active sharing – a truly open environment.
Interested? We look forward to receiving your application and the opportunity to discuss with you!