|This article is part of the COLLADA products directory|
|Adding to the list of products|
xNormal is an application to bake normal/displacement/vector displacement/cavity/relief/cone/ambient occlusion/projected base texture maps from a very high polygonal mesh into a lowpoly one. Also provides a tool set to convert height maps to normal maps, cavity maps, cone maps, cubemaps to SH maps, etc... and includes also a realtime 3D viewer with shaders and 3dsmax and Photoshop plug-ins.
January 8, 2008
- Added SBM mesh importer/exporter support for Maya 8.5, 2008 and 2009.
- Added an option to see the vector displacement map's seams in the 3D viewer
- Added a new tool: the SBM file converter.
- Added a occluded/unoccluded color to the Simple GPU AO tool.
- Solved some bugs ( AO from command line, unsigned height map, unnecessary tangent computation, etc... )
November 21, 2008
- Added support for vector displacement mapping in the DX10 graphics driver.
- Solved a lot of bugs ( Windows 2000 dll problem, Simple GPU AO cosine modes patch, fixed command line arguments error ).
October 27, 2008
- MatchUV feature for subdivided models.
- Vector displacement map support.
- Ray distance tool.
- Photoshop CS4 support ( including x64 ).
- Sh diffuseGI cubemap converter tool.
- Radiosity normal mapping support.
- Auto-normalized maps.
- Improved memory management for big images.
- Improved SDK compatibility .
- Lots of bugs solved.
September 1, 2008
- New AA system.
- Added an experimental CUDA2 map renderer
- Improved anti-seam technology
- Solved a lot of bugs ( AA pixelization, cone map, TS-normal map hard edges, crash in the 3D viewer, etc... )
June 2, 2008
- Added an option to the "wireframe and ray fails" map to show UV seams.
- Solved some bugs ( incorrect mesh auto-clear, AA 1/1 diagnostics crash, etc )
May 25, 2008
- Added new map render types: wireframe, clockwise UVs, cavity and ray fails.
- Added indirect illumination and radiosity to the realtime ray tracing graphics driver.
- Added 3dsmax 2009 support.
- Added the SBM mesh importer for 3dsmax.
- Added "edge padding" option to the tangent/object normal map converter.
- Improved the floating point accuracy of the internal renderer. Added also a new anti-seam technology.
- Reduced the memory required to store the mesh normals ( that means greater polycount! )
- Solved deveral bugs.
April 18, 2008
- Some UI improvements like drag and drop, multi selection, etc
- Bigger preview
- Multimonitor enhacements
- Cage autoassignment message-box after pressing the "save meshes"
- Added two buttons to clear the lowpoly/highpoly meshes
- Several bugs fixed
April 4, 2008
- Added gamma correction option in the DX10 graphics driver.
- Solved some bugs
March 29, 2008
- SSAO in the DX10 graphics driver.
- Fake indirect lighting in the DX10 graphics driver. Added a Cornell box example to show this.
- Recompiled using SSE for extra speed.
- Improved a bit the quality of the raytracing graphics driver.
- Corrected several bugs.
February 24, 2008
- Added a three light simulation in the 3D viewer
- Added more options to the fine detail
- Corrected some minor bugs
February 9, 2008
- Corrected some minor bugs
January 28, 2008
- Added a DX10 graphics driver with HDRI, improved bloom effect and sightly better soft shadows.
January 18, 2008
- Added per-vertex ambient occlusion computation in the simple GPU AO tool.
- Modified the preview window to show the realtime progress of the render.
November 6, 2007
- Added video capture support inside the 3D viewer ( with coded selection ).
- Removed 32k UV lowpoly limit to improve compatibility with ZBrush AUV/GUV tiles.
- Added a realtime ray tracing graphics driver ( 100% software, no need for any hardware ).
- Optimized CPU multicore usage.
- Added a new height map - to - occlusion map method ( LON )
- Added PRT-n/p map baking.
- Added a GPU tool to bake simple ambient occlusion.
- Added a height map - to - cone map tool for improved parallax effect.
- Added 3DSMax 2008 support.
- Added Ogre engine mesh importer/exporter.
- Added OpenEXR B44A compression support.
- Improved the compatibility of the PLY mesh importer.
August 31, 2007
July 20, 2007
- Added full screen antialiasing support for the DX9 graphics driver.
- ATI viewer problems solved(I hope...)
- Changed the default normal map back color to that nice blue we all luv!
- Added a checkbox to auto center the camera orbit point in the 3D viewer.
- Distributed rendering with hxGrid
- Solved a crash bug when you set the render maps width and height different.
- Added a two new Photoshop filters: the dilation filter and the normalize filter.
- Now the grid is a plane, not lines.
- Solved a problem that was causing the 3DSMAX6/7/8 exporter not to be loaded using 3DSMAX 6 and 7.
- Added projective caustics/translucent shadows to the 3D viewer ( see Bojana's example ).
- Added axis indicators to the referenceCubemap.jpg.
- Added a new tool: the object/tangent space converter.
- Added a "mesh scale" parameter to control the conversion units when importing geometry.
- Solved some hang problems with multi-core CPUs when showing the progress window.
- Corrected tons of bugs and improved the UI accesibility with tab order.
- Added two new examples from Howard Day and Vidar Rapp.
- Added an option to render a cheap and fast AO map from a lowpoly model + a normal map.
- Improved numerical stability and memory efficiency.
- Rewritten the multicore renderer.
- Added the 8MonkeyLabs mesh importer for their upcoming game Darkest of days
- Added automatic camera and light rotation in the 3D viewer.
- Added antialiased/non-antialiased map mask output files.
- Solved tons of bugs
29 Apr 2007
xNormal is an application to generate normal / ambient occlusion / parallax displacement maps. It also includes an interactive 3D viewer with multiple meshes and textures formats support (including COLLADA 1.4). The idea is to model the highpoly and lowpoly models with your favourite program (3dsmax, Maya, XSI, lw, silo, Blender, zbrush, Modo, mudbox, etc.) and then pass them to xNormal to bake some maps easy and fast.
16 Apr 2007
- Improved AO rendering speed.
- Added a "bent normals / unoccluded direction" map generation.
- Now you can use the "AO Bias" option to eliminate surface self-collision problems.
- Added a Photoshop PSD image importer.
- Added a new tool to generate a cavity map approximation from a tangent-space normal map.
- Changed the old installer by the new and better NullSoft Scriptable Install System one.