Talk:DOM guide: Working with elements
Belonging to a document
Andy, you said: "If the element belongs to a document"--how do you know if it does? By using getDocumentURI? The preceding paragraph seems to imply that you will always get a result using get..URI; but this sentence seems to imply that sometimes it won't. When would it not belong to a document and what would get..URI do in that case? Elf 11:02, 23 March 2007 (PDT)
The complete sentence is "If the element belongs to a document then it is safe to assume that the element is a domCOLLADA element.":
- This sentence is in the paragraph discussing parent elements, and it's not clear how this info is related to the parent.
- What is a domCOLLADA element and why is it important to know whether you can assume it?
Elf 11:16, 23 March 2007 (PDT)
- Is "COLLADA Object Model" the same as "COLLADA DOM"?
- Is "Reflective Object System" a component of COLLADA, or of COLLADA DOM?
- Is ROS the same as "Reflective Object model" mentioned in DOM meta system?
Elf 11:08, 23 March 2007 (PDT)