|This article is part of the COLLADA products directory|
|Adding to the list of products|
The modo COLLADA plug-in requires modo 401 SP1 (build 31886) or later, running on either Mac OS X (Intel or PowerPC) or Windows (32-bit or 64-bit).
The modo COLLADA exporter can output geometry with normals and multiple UV texture coordinate sets, lights, cameras, materials, effects, and transform animations, all using a “common” technique that is compatible with a wide variety of third-party tools.
The exporter can also output a modo401 profile technique, that provides a human-readable form of many of modo’s items and their internal channels and animation envelopes. Users familiar with the COLLADA file format can also directly edit the exported files using a plain text or XML editing tool.
For additional compatibility with third-party tools, the exporter can also output profiles for a number of third-party DCC tools, such as Autodesk Maya and 3ds Max, that describe a number of elements that are not part of the standard COLLADA specification.
modo COLLADA 401 SP1 build 32472 released
21 August 2009
Package Name: modo COLLADA 401 SP1 build 32472
Release: Build 32472
Release notes: modoCOLLADA_32472.pdf
Highlights in Build 32472
- Dramatic speed-up of scene saving (over 20x for some scenes).
- Support for saving and loading cameras with targets (to be enabled once modo 401 SP2 is released).
- Additional light channel save and load support in the modo401 profile.
- Moved scene up axis into <visual_scene> / <asset>, instead of using a custom modo401 profile param.
- Added a progress bar during scene load.
- Fixed a crash caused by initial rotation transforms that affect fewer than three axes.
- Fixed various compile-time issues for GCC 4 (Snow Leopard).
- Additional error handling.
Known Issues as of Build 32472
Sorted roughly by priority:
- Layered transform API calls on scene load.
- Available in next SP.
- Allow animation envelopes with missing interpolation inputs.
- (Required by spec, but missing in older files.)
- Checked in for next build (32483).
- Better handling for isolated or post-rotate transform sequences.
- Checked in for next build (32483).
- Recognize multiple instance nodes pointing at same node, and convert to modo instance.
- Checked in for next build (32518).
- The scene saver is now exporting geometry instances as well.
- Filter out scale transforms for cameras during scene load.
- Checked in for next build (32532).
- Load polylines defined by the <lines> element.
- Checked in for next build (32541).
- Material I/O for lights in the Shader Tree.
- PolyRender channel I/O.
- Add user value to export cfg for modo COLLADA build number in asset tag.
- Polygon "face" or "subdiv" types: polylist/triangle extra param to note all polys of same type.
- Item tags.
- Add "item_name" to modo profile, for unfiltered name I/O.
- Profile defs should sit in separate .h and .cpp files for each profile.
- Use package API for light target channels (cameras already enabled for modo 401 SP2).
- User channel saving and loading. (Needs more user channel APIs?)
- Group list saving and loading. (Needs packages API?)
- modo profile sub-type for locator vs group locator.
- Fix distant relative image file path I/O.
- Observe double-sided option in Google Earth/Sketchup profile.
- If all transform axis keyframes have values at common times across all axes, then output scale, rotate, and translate animation channel elements as triplets instead of per-axis values.
- Handle combined-triplet channel transforms on import as well.
- Matrix animation subscript indexing (see sample 3ds Max files)
- Profile params for pivot and pivot compensation transform types, for both translation and rotation.
- Import up-axis.
- Import units.
- Polygon part tags.
- Arbitrary polygon tags.
- Fix remaining usages of "io" class variable.
- Full shader tree I/O for materials.
- Need full envelope I/O for render, materials, cameras, lights, and meshes.
- Load skin controllers. (Test with Spore models.)
- Support for ZAE zip compression sub-format.
- Performance optimizations.
- Triangulate scene saver option.