|This article is part of the COLLADA products directory|
|Adding to the list of products|
The modo COLLADA plug-in requires modo 401 SP2 (build 32834) or later, running on either Mac OS X (Intel or PowerPC) or Windows (32-bit or 64-bit).
The modo COLLADA exporter can output geometry with normals and multiple UV texture coordinate sets, lights, cameras, materials, effects, and transform animations, all using a “common” technique that is compatible with a wide variety of third-party tools.
The exporter can also output a modo401 profile technique, that provides a human-readable form of many of modo’s items and their internal channels and animation envelopes. Users familiar with the COLLADA file format can also directly edit the exported files using a plain text or XML editing tool.
For additional compatibility with third-party tools, the exporter can also output profiles for a number of third-party DCC tools, such as Autodesk Maya and 3ds Max, that describe a number of elements that are not part of the standard COLLADA specification.
modo COLLADA 401 SP1 build 33836 released
11 December 2009
Package Name: modo COLLADA 401 SP2 build 33836
Release: Build 33836
Release notes: modoCOLLADA_33836.pdf
Highlights of Build 33836
11 December 2009
- Node elements with multiple instance_geometry elements (SketchUp).
- Mixed geometry mesh types per node during scene load (SketchUp).
- Save and load pivot transforms and their inverses.
- Scene load of transform for straw in styrofoam cup sample.
- Fixes for transform sequence read/write order.
- Recognition of post- vs standard-rotate transforms.
Sorted roughly by priority (as of build 33836):
- Polygons elements with holes (SketchUp).
- Single inner loops in process for future build (33018, 33092, 33100).
- Polygons and polylist elements with initial vertices at concave locations.
- Fix in process for future build (33092).
- Hole conversion in polygons elements with variable maximum index offsets (SketchUp).
- Fix in process for future build (33141).
- Deal with transform sequences for ambient light (create a locator).
- PolyRender channel I/O.
- Import up-axis.
- Import units.
- Render Camera target for Shade Tree Render item.
- Add user value to export cfg for modo COLLADA build number in asset tag.
- Polygon "face" or "subdiv" types: polylist/triangle extra param to note all polys of same type.
- Item tags.
- Add "item_name" to modo profile, for unfiltered name I/O.
- Profile defs should sit in separate .h and .cpp files for each profile.
- Use package API for light target channels (cameras already enabled for modo 401 SP2).
- User channel saving and loading. (Needs more user channel APIs?)
- Group list saving and loading. (Needs packages API?)
- modo profile sub-type for locator vs group locator.
- Fix distant relative image file path I/O.
- Observe double-sided option in Google Earth/Sketchup profile.
- If all transform axis keyframes have values at common times across all axes, then output scale, rotate, and translate animation channel elements as triplets instead of per-axis values.
- Handle combined-triplet channel transforms on import as well.
- Matrix animation subscript indexing (see sample 3ds Max files)
- Profile params for rotate pivot and pivot compensation transform types.
- Vertex color maps.
- Resolve relative inter-file URLs in instance nodes during a scene load.
- Polygon part tags.
- Arbitrary polygon tags.
- Fix remaining usages of "io" class variable.
- Full shader tree I/O for materials.
- Need full envelope I/O for render, materials, cameras, lights, and meshes.
- Keyframe behavior mode.
- Morph sets.
- Loading and saving skin controllers. (Test with Spore models.)
- Support for ZAE zip compression sub-format.
- Performance optimizations.
- Triangulate scene saver option.
- Physics library.
Previous build 32945
21 September 2009
Changes in Build 32945
- Mac OS X version built on Leopard (10.5) to fix missing symbol.
- Item mask observed when writing out common material properties.
- Fixed crash when saving modo profile param animation.
- Effects that have transparent color load with transparent amount.
- Handle third-party extra technique profiles attached to lights.
- Handle texcoord array in STP form (from 3ds Max).
- Work around issue with progress bar during import.
- Support for constant effects (for the XSI Bike headlight).
- Fixes for texcoord index lookup for multiple UV map sets per polygons, polylist, or triangles.
- Applied NCName filtering for geometry names.
- Skip writing image libraries when all texture locators are unlinked.
- Support for polygons elements (as seen in “formica rufa” model).
Previous Build 32654
31 August 2009
Changes in Build 32654
- Valid scene file saved for scenes that only have ambient light.
- Search more than one technique profile within a single extra element.
Previous Build 32619
28 August 2009
Changes in Build 32619
- Recognize multiple instance nodes pointing at same node, and convert to modo instance.
- Export geometry instances during scene save.
- Filter out scale transforms for cameras during scene load.
- Allow animation envelopes with missing interpolation inputs.
- Better handling for isolated or post-rotate transform sequences.
- Load polylines defined by the <lines> element.
- Defer to global asset up-axis when visual scene does not have asset of its own.
- Basic light sub-type I/O (area, dome, cylinder, photometric, etc.)
- Primary light material color I/O.
- Relink texture locator UV maps after scene load with component-based (instanced) mesh items.
- Preflight checks to prevent invalid libraries generated for scenes with empty meshes or no meshes at all.
Previous Build 32472
21 August 2009
Changes in Build 32472
- Dramatic speed-up of scene saving (over 20x for some scenes).
- Support for saving and loading cameras with targets (to be enabled once modo 401 SP2 is released).
- Additional light channel save and load support in the modo401 profile.
- Moved scene up axis into <visual_scene> / <asset>, instead of using a custom modo401 profile param.
- Added a progress bar during scene load.
- Fixed a crash caused by initial rotation transforms that affect fewer than three axes.
- Fixed various compile-time issues for GCC 4 (Snow Leopard).
- Additional error handling.