|This article is part of the COLLADA products directory|
|Adding to the list of products|
The modo COLLADA exporter can output geometry with normals and multiple UV texture coordinate sets, lights, cameras, materials, effects, and transform animations, all using a “common” technique that is compatible with a wide variety of third-party tools.
The exporter can also output a modo401 profile technique, that provides a human-readable form of many of modo’s items and their internal channels and animation envelopes. Users familiar with the COLLADA file format can also directly edit the exported files using a plain text or XML editing tool.
For additional compatibility with third-party tools, the exporter can also output profiles for a number of third-party DCC tools, such as Autodesk Maya and 3ds Max, that describe a number of elements that are not part of the standard COLLADA specification.
modo COLLADA 401 SP1 build 32348 has been released
14 August 2009
Package Name: modo COLLADA 401 SP1 build 32348
Release: Build 32348
Release notes: modoCOLLADA_32348.pdf
Known Issues as of Build 32348
Sorted roughly by priority:
- VS2010 project and solution files. (Checked in, but not integrated.)
- Use <visual_scene>/<asset> for scene up-axis, instead of custom profile param.
- Progress bar on scene load (scene saver already has one).
- Profile defs should sit in separate .h and .cpp files for each third-party vendor.
- PolyRender channel I/O.
- Fix remaining usages of "io" class variable.
- Add user value to export cfg for modo COLLADA build number in asset tag.
- Item tags.
- Polygon part tags.
- Arbitrary polygon tags.
- Add "item_name" to modo profile, for unfiltered name I/O.
- Need full envelope I/O for render, materials, cameras, lights, and meshes.
- Package API for target channels (lights and cameras).
- User channel saving and loading. (Needs more user channel APIs?)
- Group list saving and loading. (Needs packages API?)
- modo profile sub-type for locator vs group locator.
- Fix distant relative image file path I/O.
- If all transform axis keyframes have values at common times across all axes, then output scale, rotate, and translate animation channel elements as triplets instead of per-axis values.
- Handle combined-triplet channel transforms on import as well.
- Matrix animation subscript indexing (see sample 3ds Max files)
- Load skin controllers. (Test with Spore models.)
- Import up-axis.
- Import units.
- Triangulate scene saver option.