Help:Adding an article
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
|Policies and guidelines|
Adding your product information
- Adding to the list of products
- Adding to the extensions directory
- Adding to the conditioners directory
Adding COLLADA information
- Adding a tutorial
- The following section to add any new article
General information on adding wiki articles
To add a new article:
- Read about naming an article. The article's name is important to consider.
- Review Standard article layout policy for this wiki.
- Do one of the following to get to the Editing... page for an article that doesn't exist yet:
- Add a link using your intended title to an appropriate article (read about linking within wiki articles). Click the link.
- Click a link that doesn't currently have an article (usually shows up in red, like this: foo).
- Search for a term or phrase. If you see "There is no page titled foo. You can create this page.", click create this page. (Important: if you use this method, go back afterwards and put a link to this article in an appropriate article. All articles should be referenced by at least one other article.)
- In the "Editing..." page for your new article, just type text. (Read about editing wiki articles.)
- Add a category to the end of the article. (Read about Adding an article to a category.)
- Click the Show preview button at the bottom of the page (you might have to scroll down) to see what it will look like.
- Click Save page. Done!
- Add a link to the article in one or more other appropriate articles, possibly one of the Portals.