|This article is part of the COLLADA products directory|
|Adding to the list of products|
FCollada is an open-source C++ library which offers support for COLLADA interoperability. It is written by Feeling Software and is used within many commercial products and engines as well as with Feeling Software's ColladaMaya, ColladaMax and ColladaMotionBuilder.
ColladaMaya is Feeling Software's COLLADA import/export plug-in for Maya. ColladaMax is Feeling Software's COLLADA import/export plug-in for 3dsMax. They offer unprecedented interoperability between these and other DCC tools and allow for painless and fast extraction of data from Maya and 3dsMax.
See also the Feeling Engine, Feeling Software's 3D engine that leverages FCollada.
15 February 2008
No new features. Mainly issues fixed.
14 September 2007
This is a major release of FCollada that includes many API changes. Reading the release note is highly recommended.
- animations of geometry source data are not backward compatible. Example: all data containing per-vertex position animations will need to be re-exported from a DCC tool.
- added 64-bit compilation targets. Preliminary tests have been done and the issues found were resolved. At this time: Feeling Software does not guarantee 64-bit binary support.
14 September 2007
This is a minor release that includes a few fixes related to the processing of URLs, interleaved data array parsing, the import of animation clips, warnings on Linux and the performance of the controller tools.
Please see the release note for more information.
FCollada 3.04C Release Note
9 August 2007
FCollada 3.04C has been released. It includes fixes to compile our tools on non-Windows platforms.
FCollada 3.04B Release Note
3 August 2007
These are the new features specifically to FCollada in 3.04:
- FCDocument: supports multiple physics scene instances in the <scene> element.
- FCDocument: allow for XRef of visual and physics scenes.
- FCDocumentTools: now processes the library's <asset> element during asset standardization.
- FCDController: allow for XRef of a controller source
- FCDEffectStandard: improved <param> support for profile_COMMON.
- FCDGeometryPolygonTools: triangulates triangle fans and triangle strips.
- FCDLibrary: now processes its own <extra> and <asset> elements.
- FCDMaterial: allow for XRef of a effect within a material.
- FUUri: parses more complex URIs.
Please see the full release note for more information on other 3.04B changes, including important FCollada SDK modifications.