DOM guide: What's new
This page documents the major new features and bug fixes in each release of the COLLADA DOM since version 2.0.
New in 2.0 (April 5 2008)
- Added daeElement methods for working with element attributes and character data as strings: [get,set]Attribute, [get,set]CharData
- Added xml tree navigation functions in daeElement: getChild, getDescendant, getAncestor
- Added DAE::open and DAE::write, both of which work with file paths as well as URIs
- Added Mac Framework support
- Added PS3 support
- Greatly simplified/improved the make build architecture
- Improved performance of loading large arrays
- Fixed all (hopefully!) memory leaks. Memory leaks/errors are now checked for using valgrind.
- Added shared library support on Linux
- Improved the SID ref resolver to make it more compliant with the COLLADA Specification and simpler to use
- Added a new xml parser. TinyXml can be used as an alternative to Libxml.
- Improved URI, ID ref, and SID ref resolving. No more resolve() or resolveAll() calls
- The DOM previously built as 5 separate static libs. Now it builds to just one lib.
- The code generator source is now provided with the DOM
- Added utility functions for converting URIs to/from file paths
- Fixed several crashes and logic bugs
- Added a make install command for Linux/Mac
New in 2.1 (May 5 2008)
- MinGW is now supported as a compiler for the DOM
- Fixed Visual Studio 2005 and 2008 builds
- Fixed a crash caused by bad caching in daeURI, daIDRef, or daeSIDResolver
- Added a new daeSidRef class, which provides a simpler interface for resolving sid refs
|COLLADA DOM - Version 2.4 Historical Reference|
|List of main articles under the DOM portal.|
|User Guide chapters: • Intro • Architecture • Setting up • Working with documents • Creating docs • Importing docs • Representing elements • Working with elements • Resolving URIs • Resolving SIDs • Using custom COLLADA data • Integration templates • Error handling|
Systems: • URI resolver • Meta • Load/save flow • Runtime database • Memory • StringRef • Code generator