|This article is part of the COLLADA products directory|
|Adding to the list of products|
Papervision3D is an Open Source 3D engine for the Flash Platform. It has been optimized for performance and rendering quality, while trying to keep it as easy to use as possible. It supports ActionScript 2 and 3.
It has been designed around the COLLADA format, and currently supports polygonal geometry, object hierarchy and texture maps.
To maintain the best possible compatibility with COLLADA files written by content creation packages, we are currently working on parsing geometrical animation data, skinning data for skeletal animation, material properties, camera settings and lights.
Special notes and limitations
- Since most users already have Flash installed in their browser, and since Flash is very well integrated in most browser for most platforms, this is currently the easiest deployment technology for COLLADA on the web.
- Flash has no 3D support. All the 3D rendering engine is written in Actionscript ! As a result the performance of Papervision is not as good as one may expect.
CS3 Component updated to v1.5
July 25th, 2007 by neoriley
Papervision3D Component v1.5 update notes:
- New 1.5 Papervision3D engine - 40%+ faster than previous version
- InteractiveScene3D is now default scene type
- Interactive materials are now enabled via a new “interactive” boolean flag
- Preloader events for collada preload
- Error handler events for collada load errors
- Auto-code generation - create new Class or code for timeline use
- Create your own custom code templates
- Scene Rotation option added to component - makes for quick mouse rotation of a collada scene
- DisplayObject3D mouse events with Interactive materials being used