Why didn't my search find any articles?
Unsuccessful searches are often caused by:
- Searching for common words like "have" and "from", which are not indexed
- Searching for words with fewer than 4 characters, which are not currently indexed
- Specifying more than one search term (only pages containing all the search terms appear in the result).
- Searching in the wrong namespace; most articles are in the Main namespace, but you might want info that's in the Help, COLLADA, or Category namespaces. Check the appropriate boxes at the bottom of the not-found search page and search again.
- Search seems to be only marginal for partial words (e.g., "accessor" is not currently finding most articles that contain "accessors"; not sure why--this might be an indexing problem, as "accessor" finds many articles with that as a partial word).
- You can use "*" at the beginning or end of a word as a wildcard.
- For example, searching for "template" takes you to the article named template. If, however, you want to search for articles containing the word "template", search for "*template*".
- Help:Browsing the wiki, for more structured (and more random) ways to browse
For more information on searching the COLLADA wiki, see the Wikipedia Searching article, some of which is helpful for searching here.