Help:Adding an article
(Redirected from Help:Adding a new article)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Policies and guidelines|
Adding your product information
- Adding to the list of products
- Adding to the extensions directory
- Adding to the conditioners directory
Adding COLLADA information
- Adding a tutorial
- The following section to add any new article
General information on adding wiki articles
To add a new article:
- Read about naming an article. The article's name is important to consider.
- Review Standard article layout policy for this wiki.
- Do one of the following to get to the Editing... page for an article that doesn't exist yet:
- Add a link using your intended title to an appropriate article (read about linking within wiki articles). Click the link.
- Click a link that doesn't currently have an article (usually shows up in red, like this: foo).
- Search for a term or phrase. If you see "There is no page titled foo. You can create this page.", click create this page. (Important: if you use this method, go back afterwards and put a link to this article in an appropriate article. All articles should be referenced by at least one other article.)
- In the "Editing..." page for your new article, just type text. (Read about editing wiki articles.)
- Add a category to the end of the article. (Read about Adding an article to a category.)
- Click the Show preview button at the bottom of the page (you might have to scroll down) to see what it will look like.
- Click Save page. Done!
- Add a link to the article in one or more other appropriate articles, possibly one of the Portals.