OpenKODE Adoption and Conformance Testing
Two Ways You May Use OpenKODE:
Implementation & Adoption/Conformance Testing
There are two ways which an individual or company can make use of the OpenKODE specifications:
- Implementers - may create and deliver a product using the publicly released specifications, but not claim it is OpenKODE "compliant" or if it is a software or hardware engine, they cannot advertise it using OpenKODE logos or trademarks. The Implementor option carries no cost or license fees.
- Adoption/Conformance Testing - Adopters can download and run the conformance tests and if the implementation passes, they can advertise and promote the product as being compliant; using the OpenKODE logos and trademarks under a royalty-free license.
OpenKODE Adoption/Conformance Testing Benefits
- Access to the OpenKODE 1.0 and 1.0.x Conformance Tests source code.
- Participation in the OpenKODE Adopters technical Mailing list. This is a private priority channel for you to have two-way interaction with the OpenKODE developers and can give feedback and offer modifications to the OpenKODE and EGL specification, as well as give feedback on the conformance tests .
- For products that successfully pass the conformance tests, use of the OpenKODE logo in printed marketing or packaging materials of the product, or use of the OpenKODE logo in the actual software application startup screens
- Company listing on the Adopting Members with Conformant Products pages
- Adopters applications may be promoted on the Khronos web site
Application Forms and Pricing
For Adopters Program application forms, process description and pricing please visit the main Adopters page.
If you have reviewed the above information about how to become an OpenKODE Adopter, but still have questions, please send an email to