Sorry, this event is now over
We've collected some of the more interesting items from this event and linked to them from here.
Date: December 10th 2008, 10AM - 5PM
Location: Co-located with Siggraph Asia 2008 - Suntec Singapore International Convention Center - Session in room #203
In addition, be sure not to miss the first in-depth presentation on the new OpenCL standard for portable, parallel programming of heterogeneous systems that include CPUs, GPUs and other processors.
Free to all SIGGRAPH attendees, join experts from the Khronos Group to learn about key industry standards and end your first day at the conference by joining us for a beer and snacks at a casual "demo open house."A japanese translation is available here.
Khronos Overview & Breaking News - 10:00 am - 10:30 am
Neil Trevett, President of Khronos Group and Vice President of Mobile Content at NVIDIA will kick off the day with an overview of Khronos and give an update on breaking news from Khronos’ projects and initiatives
- The structure and organization of the Khronos Group – and how your company can get involved
- The Khronos ecosystem of standards for advanced graphics and media acceleration
- Breaking news and updates on Khronos APIs
OpenCL - 10:30 am - 11:45 am
Be there for the first in-depth presentation on the new OpenCL standard that enables software developers to take full advantage of high performance compute servers, desktop computer systems and handheld devices that include a diverse mix of multi-core CPUs, GPUs and other parallel processors such as DSPs.
- Key technical concepts behind OpenCL and heterogeneous parallel programming
- The spectrum of applications and systems that could benefit from using OpenCL
- Developer-focused examples using OpenCL
OpenGL - 11:45 am - 12:30 pm
Get the inside scoop on the latest version of OpenGL– the cross-platform standard for advanced graphics acceleration – that was launched at SIGGRAPH in the summer of 2008
- OpenGL 3.0 Specification Overview
- Deprecation, profiles and their impact on the OpenGL roadmap
- Synergy between OpenCL and OpenGL
- Mark Kilgard, NVIDIA
Break - 12:30 pm - 1:00 pm
Break for light lunch and casual chat with Khronos Member experts
Handheld API Ecosystem - 1:00 pm - 3:15 pm
Khronos has developed a complete ecosystem of mobile graphics and media APIs – including OpenGL ES, OpenMAX IL, OpenVG and OpenKODE – that is enabling advanced user interfaces, 3D games and other rich-media applications on a wide range of handheld devices. This session will provide an overview of this evolving ecosystem and detailed insights into the widely adopted APIs for accelerated 2D and 3D graphics.
|1:00-1:45||The Khronos Handheld API Ecosystem||Neil Trevett,
|1:45 - 2:30||OpenGL ES: The Power Behind Mobile 3D||Neil Trevett,
|2:30 - 3:15||OpenVG: Native Acceleration for Bezier Vector Graphics||Hwanyong,
COLLADA - 3:15 pm - 4:00 pm
COLLADA defines an XML-based schema to make it easy to transport 3D assets between applications - enabling diverse 3D authoring and content processing tools be combined into a production pipeline. This session will provide an insight into how COLLADA is being used throughout the industry– and how it can benefit your own design pipeline.
- Overview of COLLADA features, such as shaders and effects, character animation, and physics
- The range of tools that work with COLLADA
- Using COLLADA to create advanced content production pipelines for movies and video games.
- Neil Trevett, NVIDIA
Beer and Demo social - 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Join us for a beer and snacks and a casual "demo open house." Meet Khronos members and other developers and get your questions answered one-to-one.
SIIGGRAPH Asia floor plan. Room #203
View Larger Map