Sorry, this event is now over
We've collected some of the more interesting items from this event and linked to them from here.
Date: August 4-6 2009
Location: Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, New Orleans, Louisiana
Khronos will not have a booth at SIGGRAPH this year. However, COLLADA will have a demo stand at the Blender booth (3701).
If you manufacture develop multimedia content for games, DCC, CAD or mobile devices, join these BOFs to learn about the new industry standards for royalty-free multimedia development:
- Applications driving next-generation handset requirements
- Opportunities opened up by innovation and standardization in graphics and mobile gaming
- Technological advances in multimedia handset technology
Tuesday, 4 August | 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm | Ernest N. Morial Convention Center - Room 263
|Khronos Introduction to OpenCL||Neil Trevett, NVIDIA|
|OpenCL Specification Overview||Mike Houston|
|AMD and OpenCL||Mike Houston|
|Intel and OpenCL||Aaron Lefohn and Larry Seller|
|NVIDIA and OpenCL||Simon Green|
Wednesday, 5 August | 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm | Ernest N. Morial Convention Center - Room 264
|Update on OpenGL|
|OpenGL 3 news||Barthold Lichtenbelt, ARB / NVIDIA|
|Cool things you can do with GLSL 1.50||Bill Licea-Kane, AMD|
|Open GL ES update||Tom Olson, ARM|
|SPECViewperf 11: More than just another pretty interface||Ian Williams, NVIDIA|
|gDEBugger intro and demo||Yaki Tebeka, Graphic Remedy|
Wednesday, 5 August | 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm | Hilton New Orleans Riverside Hotel - Versailles Room
|COLLADA conformance test
In order to claim COLLADA conformance, an application will have to pass the COLLADA conformance test process. The Working Group is ready to make announcement on the upcoming availability of the COLLADA conformance test.
|Alan Hudson, Yumetech|
|COLLADA Contest update 1st COLLADA Art Contest Winner Announcement!||Rita Turkowski, Intel|
|MPEG-4 Part 25 makes possible to apply MPEG-4 compression tools for geometry, texture and animation on top of X3D, COLLADA and XMT||Marius Preda|
|Luxology modo 401 will demonstrate the new refactored COLLADA loader and saver for the modo 401 software (available for Mac and PC).||Pete Segal, Ryan Drue|
|Sirikata is an BSD licensed open source platform for games and virtual worlds providing a set of libraries and protocols, as well as fully featured sample implementations of services for hosting and deploying these worlds.||Daniel Horn|
|Project Wonderland uses COLLADA for importing all of its 3D assets; ranging from world data to a complete avatar and animation system. The system also allows for new COLADA content to be easily imported, placed, and deployed to virtual worlds.
|DAZ 3D provides 3D models, 3D tools, and has introduced COLLADA support in products such as DAZ studio and recently Carrara to enable its customers to take advantage of DAZ content in their workflows.||Dan Farr|
Remi Arnaud will discuss COLLADA design strategy and vision for the future.
|Remi Arnaud, Intel|
NOTE: COLLADA will have a demo stand at the Blender booth (3701)
Courses and Papers at Siggraph
SIGGRAPH Core | Tuesday, 4 August | 1:45 PM - 5:30 PM | Auditorium B
|This course provides an accelerated introduction to creating applications using these recent versions of OpenGL API. It introduces the most recent version of OpenGL, in which an application must provide vertex and fragment shaders and cannot rely on a fixed-function pipeline. Consequently, this course is a complete rewrite of the OpenGL course that has been taught at the annual SIGGRAPH conference for over 10 years.||Ed Angel, University of New Mexico
Dave Shreiner, ARM
SIGGRAPH Core | Thursday, 6 August | 8:30 AM - 12:15 PM | Auditorium A
|This course introduces the trends and directions in this emerging field. Topics include: parallel graphics architectures, parallel programming models for graphics, and game-developer investigations of the use of these new capabilities in future rendering engines.||Aaron Lefohn, Intel
Mike Houston, AMD
Kayvon Fatahalian, Stanford
Tim Foley, Intel
Case Everitt, Id Software
SIGGRAPH Core | Thursday, 6 August | 1:45 PM - 5:30 PM | Auditorium A
|This second course in the series Beyond Programmable Shading presents the state of the art in combining traditional rendering API usage with advanced task- and data-parallel computation to increase the image quality of interactive graphics. Topics include: interactive realistic lighting, advanced geometry-processing pipelines, in-frame data structure construction, complex image processing, and rasterization versus ray tracing.||Aaron Lefohn, Intel
Mike Houston, AMD
Justin Hensley, AMD
Paul Lalonde, Intel
David Luebke, NVIDIA
Ulf Assarsson, Chalmers University
View Larger Map
Khronos Members and Partners Floor Plan
Khronos Members Exhibiting at Siggraph
You can find a complete list of Siggraph Exhibitors here.
- AMD - booth 2417 - is a leading innovator in semiconductor design and manufacturing dedicated to collaborating with customers and partners in ways that ignite the next generation of technology solutions at work, at home and at play. The focus of the exhibit stand will demonstrate how AMD has raised the bar for Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Digital Content Creation (DCC) application performance with two new professional graphics accelerators ATI FirePro V5700 and ATI FirePro V3700. AMD will showcase ATI FirePro professional graphics accelerators and demonstrate how to "Dominate Your Design" in Booth G01.
- Fraunhofer HHI - booth 3311 - The Image Processing (IP) Research Department contributes in the fields of : - Efficient signal processing and compression methods - Adaptation of coding schemes to transmission protocols and methods - Implementation of hardware and software components - Development of interactive services and applications based front edge technologies - Integration of real and virtual worlds for immersive multimedia applications
- Google - booth 2719 - is a global technology leader focused on improving the way people connect with information. Google's innovations in web search and advertising have made its website a top Internet destination and its brand one of the most recognized in the world. Google maintains the world's largest online index of websites and other content, and Google makes this information freely available to anyone with an Internet connection. Google's automated search technology helps people obtain nearly instant access to relevant information from its vast online index.
- Graphic Remedy - booth 2001 (NVIDIA booth) - are the makers of gDEBugger and gDEBugger ES, and specializes in software applications for the 3D graphics market, specifically tools for 3D graphics developers. The company's mission is to design innovative tools that make 3D graphics programming faster and easier, to save programmers time and money, and to improve graphics application performance and reliability. The company is a Contributor member in the OpenGL ARB and in the Khronos Group.
- IBM Corporation - booth 3411 - From image processing, to modeling and rendering, to digital video and reality-altering effects, IBM Cell processors, IBM High Performance Computing Clusters, IBM Blade Workstations and IntelliStations, and IBM Deep Computing Visualization solutions will help you realize your vision. IBM is partnering with the industry's leading Software Companies to optimize solutions to our Linux, Windows,Cell and Power-based Systems. Coupled with our hardware, middleware, and services solutions, IBM is your provider for all your high performance computing needs.
- Intel Corporation - booth 2217 - is the world leader in silicon innovation, develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live. Come by booth 511 to see one of many live presentations at our Intel Theater and to experience our product demonstrations. Intel experts will be available to answer your questions and dont forget to enter to win our great booth prizes! Find all the details on our show activities by visiting our 'Intel at SIGGRAPH' website at http://www.intel.com/software/siggraph.
- NVIDIA - booth 2001 - is the worldwide leader in programmable graphics processor technologies. The Company creates innovative, industry-changing products for professional computing, consumer electronics, and mobile devices.
- RapidMind Inc. - booth 3131 - Multi-core processing presents an opportunity for software organizations to gain a competitive advantage. The award-winning RapidMind Multi-core Development Platform simplifies the development of parallel applications, reducing the cost and timelines of software development when compared to multi-threaded projects, and greatly improves the likelihood of project success. Developers of HPC and enterprise software are using RapidMind today to create manageable, single-threaded applications that leverage the full potential of multi-core processors from AMD® and Intel® and to seamlessly take advantage of the application acceleration available from GPUs and the Cell Broadband Engine™. For more information on RapidMind, visit http://www.rapidmind.com. RapidMind benefits - Improve application performance by over 10x - More quickly build and deliver multi-core capable applications - Leverage multi-core using existing development expertise - Use your existing development practices, tools and compilers - Automatically scale your application to an increasing number of cores
Partners Exhibiting at Siggraph
- A.K. Peters - booth 2527 - working in partnership with the scientific community, publishes books and journals in the areas of computer science and mathematics. Our program includes textbooks, professional reference works, research monographs, and journals. Our award-winning titles, including Real- Time Rendering, winner of the 2003 Game Developer Magazine Frontline Award, provide computer graphics professionals, computer game developers, mathematicians, and professionals working in related fields, with the resources they need to stay at the forefront of their profession. Many of our titles have been featured in the Scientific American Book Club and have been reviewed or excerpted in both technical and popular interest journals, such as Gamasutra.com, The Mathematical Intelligencer, Nature, Science, Scientific American, and New Scientist. A K Peters is located in Wellesley, Massachusetts and on the web at www.akpeters.com.
- Addison-Wesley Professional - booth 2609 - is a leading publisher of high-quality and timely information for programmers, developers, engineers, and system administrators, including the Red Book, the bestselling OpenGL® Programming Guide. Our mission is to provide educational materials about new technologies and new approaches to current technologies written by the leading authorities. Come by our booth to take a look at our new books, including: * OpenGL® Programming on Mac OS X * OpenGL ES 2.0 Programming Guide.
- The Web3D Consortium - booth 2029 - is a member-funded industry consortium committed to the creation and deployment of open, royalty-free standards that enable the communication of real-time 3D across applications, networks, and XML web services. The Consortium works closely with the ISO, MPEG and W3C standardization bodies to maximize market opportunities for its membership. All Consortium members are empowered to participate in Consortium Working Groups to contribute to Consortium specifications before public deployment - and are able to network with some of the leading experts in Web3D technology to accelerate the delivery of their cutting-edge 3D platforms and applications.