I'm really curious as to how the conformance testing is done and how certification is awarded. Why ?

Well, I just got a Nexus 4 with an Adreno 320 which is supposedly OpenGL ES 3 ready to find out that it doesn't support 2 features from the standard (it could have other quirks too, these are just the ones I have found) :

1) Something weird happens when using small non power of two render targets (this ONLY happens when the render targets are smaller than the default screen resolution of 1280x76.
2) RGB16F render targets, it only does RGBA16F, here's the specs on that ( post gets denied for pointing to the specs, but you can easily google them out )
3) glCompressedTexSubImage3D doesn't work at all . It throws an error ( <core_glCompressedTexSubImage3DOES:711>: GL_INVALID_OPERATION ) for ETC1 textures. It is the only way to update compressed 2D Texture Arrays, so you can figure out that now I can't use this GL ES 3 feature and uploading things uncompressed (which does work) would require something like 500MB of RAM, so I don't see that as an option.

So can someone tell me how is the Adreno 320 OpenGL ES 3 conformant when it lacks these mentioned features ? Or how is the certification being awarded if it doesn't meet all the standard's requirements ?