Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adding Audio Effects in android

Super Moderator
    Bitfield,

Which version of Android are you using on these devices? I asked the working group to help take a look at it to see if they can see what's happening.
    Erik Noreke,
    Work Group Chair OpenSL ES, OpenMAX AL

I tested on HTC oneX,Samsung Note 1, Samsung Note 2, all are of android 4.1.1 version.

Hi Erik,

I am expecting for your reply.If you have any issues i will share the screens for you..

Thanks & Regards
    Bitfield

have you got any result-->bitfield

No I did not any effect dalayya.Erik said that he will discuss with his development team till now I did not got anything waiting for reply.Do you have any idea about that.

Super Moderator
    Hi Bitfield,

I wanted to give you an update:
    We have reviewed your code and can't find anything obviously wrong. One of our members have offered to dig deeper into it, but he will be doing that in his spare time. Hopefully he will have an answer for you soon.

We noticed that you are using the sample code from the NDK as a base for your project. Have you tested the unmodified sample code on your devices? I assume that it works for you as expected.

Unfortunately I don't have any more information for you at this time.
    Erik Noreke,

Hi Erik,
    First I tested the sample code from the NDK without modifying it on my devices like HTC ONEX, Samsung NOTE1 & NOTE2,the sample project contains only reverb effect i tested it on my 3 devices but i am unable to get any effect.I posted in android-ndk forums https://groups.google.com/forum/#!se...w/raHgOgFQat8J .. Glen Kasten (Google Developer) discussed with me he asked in which device you are checking..i have given reply that I am testing in NOTE1..after that he has not given any reply

Super Moderator
    Hi Bitfield,

I know Glenn. He's one of the most knowledgeable people when it comes to the Android OpenSL ES implementation.

We had a member test the original example code from the Android NDK and it compiles and runs fine. The app has a button to enable/disable environmental reverb with buffer queue playback. The effect is obvious since it defaults to the stone corridor preset. The sample does not include bass boost, but it should be easy to add by copying and modifying the existing code. You would need to include new playback files since the bass boost won't be noticeable with the ones included.

I suggest you first try compiling and running the native-audio sample in the NDK unmodified to ensure that it works. If it doesn't, you need to figure out why before you go on to the bass boost.

Also, make sure you test the audio through headphones and not using the device speaker. The speaker in most devices is not good enough to properly render the effect.

I hope this helps you resolve your problem.

Best,

Erik
    Erik Noreke,

Hi Erik,
    Based on your reply I tested the unmodified code on HTC ONEX,NOTE1,NOTE2 android 4.1.2 version unable to get reverb effect for buffer queue playback.Unfortunately I tested it on tab android version 4.1.1. There I am able to feel reverb effect.So what is the problem in other devices and the other things I need to ask which are mentioned below.

As reverb effect is attached to outputmix in ndk sample code.

1. when SLEffectSendItf is exposed for buffer queue playback I am getting effect.but when I create effect send interface for asset audio player.At that point I am unable to get reverb effect.Is there any difference when the music is played by using bufferqueue(using pcm decoded file) and asset(path of the file).

2.Is there any way to decode mp3 file to pcm format in opensl es.

I decoded mp3 using mediacodec in android and passed that byte data to bufferqueue i am getting noise..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast