Thread: clGetPlatformIDs is hanging/not returning

Hybrid View

Unhappy clGetPlatformIDs is hanging/not returning

Hi

I'm just getting started and have had no problems getting a simple OpenCL test program (written in C) compiling and linking on our Linux box using the local NVIDIA cuda dev install.

However, when I try running the test application it hangs at the clGetPlatformIDs call.

I've checked in /etc/OpenCL/vendors and can see a single nvidia.icd file containing a reference to libcuda.so - and this DLL exists and is readable in /usr/lib.

I've also confirmed that simple native cuda test programs compile and run on this machine (containing a Tesla C2050 card) without any issue.

So as far as I can tell, everything is set up fine and should be working.

Is anyone please able to advise as to why the call to clGetPlatformIDs is not returning?

Thanks in advance!

you will not need any cuda libs for opencl. better have a look for your opencl.so i think (havent worked on linux for years now)

And if i'm remembering correctly, cuda 5 will not have opencl on board.
    Last edited by clint3112; 05-14-2013 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clint3112 View Post
    you will not need any cuda libs for opencl. better have a look for your opencl.so i think (havent worked on linux for years now)

And if i'm remembering correctly, cuda 5 will not have opencl on board.
    I don't think that's the issue. We have cuda 4.1 installed on our Linux box (with NVIDIA Tesla video card) and I notice that it comes with a bunch of sample OpenCL applications.

All of these build just fine right out of the box but exhibit the same problem.

They all hang on the first OpenCL call.